Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Anything new?? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Are we gonna get any kind of new fxs?? Me personally, I’d like to see better video fxs. It has been quite sometime since I’ve seen anything worth while pop up as far as fxs go.

Maybe even an fx sequencer.....

Has the team stalled out??

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 12:32 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Are we gonna get any kind of new fxs?? Me personally, I’d like to see better video fxs. It has been quite sometime since I’ve seen anything worth while pop up as far as fxs go.

Maybe even an fx sequencer.....

Has the team stalled out??

In case you missed it, some native effects has been added this year:
CoverFlow visualisation was added in October
Spiral audio effect added was added in June

Additionally:
Video effects on sampler was added in August
Colorfx has been added to various effects during the year

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 1:36 pm
Well aware of that stuff......

Anything worth while??

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 3:20 pm
Well aware of that stuff......

Anything worth while??

Burn :-D

The color fx is a bit of a game changer I guess
Now there is no reason to choose a setup where you use Pioneer HW effects :)

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 3:36 pm
Yeah that’s true. Definitely a plus for those who don’t use Pioneer gear.

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 4:09 pm
Yeah that’s true. Definitely a plus for those who don’t use Pioneer gear.

The thing about Pioneer gear with these kinds of effects is that you then usually run VDJ in external mixer mode
That way VDJ just act like 2 simple players - so half (or more) of VDJ is not used
So I always go for controllers where I don't need to use external mixer mode to use it's functionality
- and now there is one less reason to get a controller that runs best in that mode :)

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 4:34 pm
Is there any good documentation on the color fx? Don't see anything in the manual on it?

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 6:05 pm
dj5826 wrote :
Is there any good documentation on the color fx? Don't see anything in the manual on it?

Me neither.

But I played with it for a bit, and posted this in the FB group:

"Have you guys noticed how many of the native effects now work with the color fx feature?
(For those who don't know what I'm talking about, color fx is really just a one-knob-handles-the-effect feature, where you get something usable out of an effect, simply by turning one knob when it's on, and it then handles controlling the actual effect settings - like it's known on some Pioneer Mixers)

Looking at the Early Access release notes, I think it started to get added back in in August, and now it looks like it's included in a lot of places (again looking at the release notes)

I hadn't really thought about it, but just played with it a bit, and it seams to be working quite well for a lot of the native effects:"

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 8:02 pm
What I’d love to see for the Mac side is something like TV/TM.

I don’t need the sms I just want the ability to create different sections on my screen for cameras and animated logos plus the scrolling marquee.......

Posted Mon 01 Jan 18 @ 11:38 pm
What I’d love to see for the Mac side is something like TV/TM.

I don’t need the sms I just want the ability to create different sections on my screen for cameras and animated logos plus the scrolling marquee.......

Maybe you can get Don Moir to make it (it's his code, so anybody else would be starting from scratch)

Maybe all he is missing is a Mac, or the donations on his TV/TM page, so he can buy one...

Posted Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 1:59 pm
Hahaa!! I sent him a MacBook a couple years ago but nothing yet. He’s pretty much told me it won’t happen more or less, lmao!!

I knew it would take awhile to get done but after a few years ..... anyways I’m sure he has something in the works but not sure if I’ll ever see it from him which sucks because I really had my hopes up after sending the laptop down to him......

Posted Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 2:26 pm
I have a mac but not the one you sent Huey.... I gave that one away lol.

You guys don't realize how long something can take. I also need to earn a living... the donations amount to about next to nothing but they are appreciated.

You guys have developed the status quo that anything is ok as long as it does something,.. I call it the dumbing down of society and it does seem to be wide spread and not restricted to here.

I work 7 days a week and most of the day.... this thing here is a real drain but it does not matter because it is what I want to do. I just can't do everything with high expectations and I have no reason at all to do it any other way. You ought to get someone to do something that does not quite work... That is what you expect isn't it? I can easily look at all much of the software these days and come to that conclusion.

Posted Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 3:03 pm
I don’t think just using anything is ok hence the reason I’ve asked and have been asking for a Mac version from you Don......

I know these things take time and yes I know you have to make a living which is why I didn’t ask how progress was going for a couple of YEARS.

I’m sure donations are next to nothing as most here don’t wanna pay but I’ve asked you before and you said I couldn’t afford what you’d need which is probably right but I’ll still try. No harm in asking right??

As for being used to things that don’t work I’m pretty sure I’m one of the few here who have no problem stating when something doesn’t work or isn’t up to par......

After your last response to me I’ve pretty much given up hope which is why I’m asking if anyone else is up to the challenge. Again I doubt I’ll ever see it on the Mac side but that won’t stop me from asking.......

Posted Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 3:19 pm
I was not singling you out Huey and I know that you have high expectations as do some others... Was just pointing to a general trend I see.

I have already said I will do this until the day I die... what other stronger commitment can I give you?

Posted Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 3:23 pm
All good Don, I’m just frustrated because I know how awesome those plugins are and wish I could use them on my Mac.

I plan on getting a new windows laptop but just have a hard time using them because something always hangs or freezes whenever I use one.

Either way keep up the good work.

Posted Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 6:36 pm
something always hangs or freezes whenever I use one

Must be you then. That never happens with me! :-)

Posted Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 6:48 pm
Must not be just me, I read these threads everyday and someone always has a hang, freeze or crash.....

There’s just to many variables on the Windows side.....

Posted Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 8:19 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
dj5826 wrote :

If there were release details on color FX I must've missed it.

I've made my suggestions on implementation, so the average user can actually access and utilize them:

The ability to toggle between color FX on the skin itself (underneath the filter knob would make the implementation a game changer), with a standard mapping for controllers that do not have color FX selection buttons (such as Shift + toggle effect param 1). Maybe make it available for pro users only, as another incentive to upgrade (FX are huge on the minds of people willing to drop dollars).

Posted Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 9:53 pm
Hahaa!! I sent him a MacBook a couple years ago but nothing yet. He’s pretty much told me it won’t happen more or less, lmao!!

I knew it would take awhile to get done but after a few years ..... anyways I’m sure he has something in the works but not sure if I’ll ever see it from him which sucks because I really had my hopes up after sending the laptop down to him......

By the way, TM and TV are not going to be ported to the mac as I have said before but I have started on a new application (years ago :) that combines them called New TelllyVisuals (NTV). I also started developing a cross platform window system. I don't like systems like QT etc,. QT is a system that allows your apps to compile for both mac and pc. When you use something like that you are at their mercy and usually comes at some cost but can save time.

In NTV panels can contain anything like video, other panels, etc. and can come and go sliding off screen whatever. Much more dynamic. I have added overlays to the current TV and user alerts. These are almost complete but then have been side tracked for quite awhile doing other unrelated work that is taking a long time. It has not been my intention to keep patching TV and TM but I still update them since NTV is taking so long. Soon after coming to VDJ, we could see not a place to make money necessarily for a 3rd party company. Since then TM and TV became building blocks to develop new technology. They have not even scratched the surface.

I have written a test app and damn powerful but we will have lots to discuss.

Posted Fri 05 Jan 18 @ 9:24 pm
Don Moir wrote :

By the way, TM and TV are not going to be ported to the mac as I have said before but I have started on a new application (years ago :) that combines them called New TelllyVisuals (NTV). I also started developing a cross platform window system. I don't like systems like QT etc,. QT is a system that allows your apps to compile for both mac and pc. When you use something like that you are at their mercy and usually comes at some cost but can save time.

In NTV panels can contain anything like video, other panels, etc. and can come and go sliding off screen whatever. Much more dynamic. I have added overlays to the current TV and user alerts. These are almost complete but then have been side tracked for quite awhile doing other unrelated work that is taking a long time. It has not been my intention to keep patching TV and TM but I still update them since NTV is taking so long. Soon after coming to VDJ, we could see not a place to make money necessarily for a 3rd party company. Since then TM and TV became building blocks to develop new technology. They have not even scratched the surface.

I have written a test app and damn powerful but we will have lots to discuss.

Sounds awesome!! Well I have time and money, you have my email address if you wanna share some details.

Posted Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 12:50 am
95%