Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Double Click = mix_selected, please make this optional
I've already posted this, but unfortunately in the wrong forum ("Technical Support")

When Automix is active Double Click on a song does "mix_selected" = mix to the double-clicked song
Sometimes it happens that I press double click by accident so it would be very helpful for me to have this function optional, be able to switch it off in options. Actually I would not miss this function, but perhaps others like it the way it is.

Furthermore it would be nice to be able to shift songst up and down in the playlist with keyboard / controller.
Unfortunately at the moment it is only possible using drag and drop with the mouse.

Posted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 11:03 am
Nobody else here with a "nervous" pointer finger?
It happend to me again last night, just wanted to move a song in the playlist and accidently a double click (= mix to this song) happened.
I really would need to be able to switch this feature off in options. Should be easy to implement.

Geraldo_Salsa wrote :
I've already posted this, but unfortunately in the wrong forum ("Technical Support")

When Automix is active Double Click on a song does "mix_selected" = mix to the double-clicked song
Sometimes it happens that I press double click by accident so it would be very helpful for me to have this function optional, be able to switch it off in options. Actually I would not miss this function, but perhaps others like it the way it is.

Furthermore it would be nice to be able to shift songst up and down in the playlist with keyboard / controller.
Unfortunately at the moment it is only possible using drag and drop with the mouse.

Posted Thu 08 Mar 18 @ 8:34 am
Please turn off this worst feature. it's killing me. one Double click on one playlist is overwriting my automixplaylist and all my ideas for next songs will delete. That's horrible. Please change this. Please.

Posted Tue 16 Oct 18 @ 11:07 pm
Please learn how to use your mouse correctly. Please.

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 4:27 pm
Or set the double click speed slower in your mouse settings.

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 5:13 pm
Unhepful responses to what could just be a really easy feature to implement.

Yes, I'd like this too if possible. I've tried to delete tracks out before and accidentally double clicked: no biggie, because it was pre-show, but could be awkward. Can we have the setting switchable please?

Posted Wed 17 Oct 18 @ 8:47 pm
+1
This has also happened to me..

Posted Wed 24 Oct 18 @ 6:53 am
+1 on needing this as an option. I have now twice screwed up in live DJing by accidentally double-clicking a song in automix and it directly mixes the live deck to the track I double-clicked. Rather embarrassing. In my use case (which is not at all unusual), I need there to be no way to interrupt the live deck so easily. I realize this is not everyone's need, so an option is the simple answer that will solve it for everyone.

I don't want to hear anything more about broken mice, trackpads, drivers, or settings. This is all on me, the DJ, accidentally double-clicking when I didn't intend to. None of those suggestions help that.

So please, VDJ, add this as an option so I can stop looking incompetent in front of a bunch of people dancing to my music.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 19 @ 2:32 am
If you find that you're "accidentally" double clicking often enough for it to warrant a change to VDJ then you need to alter the timing/spacing for what your OS considers to be two clicks.

I've been using VDJ for years and can honestly say I've never "accidentally" double clicked on anything. It's not a fault with the software.

iluvmacs wrote :
looking incompetent in front of a bunch of people dancing to my music.

If you're out working as a DJ then you need a Pro license. The free version is for home use only.

Posted Wed 12 Jun 19 @ 5:03 pm
Another unhelpful response.

It's a simply thing to fix and there are users here who would like it - why not just implement it?

Posted Fri 14 Jun 19 @ 9:58 pm
It's not unhelpful.

If you can't use a mouse correctly, it's not Atomix's fault. They're not obliged to alter their software because you can't click properly.

The methods to avoid "accidental" double clicks have been given. The ball is in your court.

Posted Fri 14 Jun 19 @ 11:13 pm
If you find that you're "accidentally" double clicking often enough for it to warrant a change to VDJ then you need to alter the timing/spacing for what your OS considers to be two clicks.

I've been using VDJ for years and can honestly say I've never "accidentally" double clicked on anything. It's not a fault with the software.

Never said it was the fault of the software. I agree this is about user error prevention. And with several people saying they want it, why are you so against it? If you don't like it, don't use the option. It's that simple. And adjusting the timing in the OS won't help, because one can plausibly mis-double-click at any speed.

If you're out working as a DJ then you need a Pro license. The free version is for home use only.

...which the webpage makes clear is defined as if you "earn money using VDJ". I am a volunteer DJ for a local swing dance group. No money into my hands, thus I am using it as allowed. Don't worry, I can read and follow directions :-).

Posted Fri 12 Jul 19 @ 2:23 am
Nothing's wrong with the software. But sometimes work fatigue, strong lights , long hours in an event - you name it - can cause someone to do mistakes. So , yes please .. error prevention is welcomed.

Posted Sun 14 Jul 19 @ 5:13 pm
MC1964PRO InfinityMember since 2014
I would also love to have it be optional. It happened to me the other day when another DJ was setting up and bumped my arm...pretty embarrassing.
And to those who say learn to use your mouse....I hope this happens to you in front of 1500 people. LOL

Posted Mon 09 Mar 20 @ 3:15 am
I complete agree that this feature is needed! When I play live I get stressed and also had accident with doubleclick on automix - it was very embarrassing. I really know how to handle a mouse but if I go live my fingers don't work so well as when sitting in front of desk. Please, add switching off automix now after doubleclick.

Posted Mon 14 Jun 21 @ 9:10 am