Forum: VirtualDJ 8.2 Technical Support

Use this forum to report any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ 8.2.

(NOTE: VirtualDJ 8.2 is continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)
Topic: how do you change the pitch range on vdj 8 ?
i used to be able to change the pitch range on VDJ 7 by clicking on the percentage, and toggling through it to the desired range (50%, 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%, 8%, 6%, or whatever) (i prefer 8 or 10% for manual beatmatching, but it will sometimes go up when i hit sync on some songs that have very different BPM, i need a way to put it back again to 8 or 10%)

i cant seem to do it on VDJ8, when i click on the percentage nothing happens

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 6:41 pm
It depends on which skin you're using. Some skins have the range assigned to % display - some don't.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 7:12 pm
Seems to be buggy in the default skin; in other skins skin it works.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 7:14 pm
a bug for this long? :O

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 8:08 pm
Matty1000 wrote :
i used to be able to change the pitch range on VDJ 7 by clicking on the percentage, and toggling through it to the desired range (50%, 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%, 8%, 6%, or whatever) (i prefer 8 or 10% for manual beatmatching, but it will sometimes go up when i hit sync on some songs that have very different BPM, i need a way to put it back again to 8 or 10%)

i cant seem to do it on VDJ8, when i click on the percentage nothing happens

As far as I can tell what your asking is in the Settings under Options you are looking for

pitchRange you then set % there. I hope this helped

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 8:53 pm
yep that does it.

very strange if this cannot be done directly from the main skin though......

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 9:00 pm
I use the Numark Party mix Skin and It has a very small +- either side of the Pitch % but once I have set it in the Option I just use the Slider on my controller. I am glad it help you :)

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 9:07 pm
On a skin done by me (the thing) you can change this direct ;o)

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 9:11 pm