Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: how do you change the pitch range on vdj 8 ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i used to be able to change the pitch range on VDJ 7 by clicking on the percentage, and toggling through it to the desired range (50%, 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%, 8%, 6%, or whatever) (i prefer 8 or 10% for manual beatmatching, but it will sometimes go up when i hit sync on some songs that have very different BPM, i need a way to put it back again to 8 or 10%)

i cant seem to do it on VDJ8, when i click on the percentage nothing happens

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 6:41 pm
It depends on which skin you're using. Some skins have the range assigned to % display - some don't.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 7:12 pm
Seems to be buggy in the default skin; in other skins skin it works.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 7:14 pm
a bug for this long? :O

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 8:08 pm
Matty1000 wrote :
i used to be able to change the pitch range on VDJ 7 by clicking on the percentage, and toggling through it to the desired range (50%, 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%, 8%, 6%, or whatever) (i prefer 8 or 10% for manual beatmatching, but it will sometimes go up when i hit sync on some songs that have very different BPM, i need a way to put it back again to 8 or 10%)

i cant seem to do it on VDJ8, when i click on the percentage nothing happens

As far as I can tell what your asking is in the Settings under Options you are looking for

pitchRange you then set % there. I hope this helped

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 8:53 pm
yep that does it.

very strange if this cannot be done directly from the main skin though......

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 9:00 pm
I use the Numark Party mix Skin and It has a very small +- either side of the Pitch % but once I have set it in the Option I just use the Slider on my controller. I am glad it help you :)

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 9:07 pm
On a skin done by me (the thing) you can change this direct ;o)

Posted Sun 22 Oct 17 @ 9:11 pm
Under the pitch slider there is a small icon (circle) called Master Tempo. Click on it and select "pitch range" . There you set your preferred pitch range.

Posted Sat 15 Jun 19 @ 12:26 pm
Yes, it's in the manual. This thread is from 2017.

Posted Sat 15 Jun 19 @ 12:34 pm
I'm desperately needing help off you guys..can anybody tell me how I keep a song once I change the pitch ( key ) . I know exactly how to change it but as a solo singer I use virtual do for my gigs but I would like to know how ( once I know which pitch I need the song in ) how can I keep it set so that each time I do a gig the songs are automatically set for my correct pitch. Much help needed and appreciated guys...Steve..👍👍👍

Posted Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 4:01 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
when karaoke mode is active and singer name is set key change are preserved in history karaoke by singer
you can then drag & drop to karaoke list singer & key change automatically restore

Posted Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 5:51 pm
Arrh thanks for this...👍👍👍...so is this the only way around it ? What about if I want a particular playlist for my gig ( me singing every song of course ). Is there a way to it this way through my playlist ? But i will try your suggestion..👍👍...ste

Posted Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 8:23 pm
One more question Nicotux....is there also a way to play all my songs continuously ( one song after another ) without me manually having to play the next song in my playlist...I have Winamp which does this but I'm not a big fan of Winamp as its very dated and freezes during my songs which isn't good for. Live gig..😞..so I was wondering if Virtual can do the same...steve

Posted Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 8:27 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Automix, it's a whole feature for automated play, there's a few ways it can be used so best read the manual about it.

*oh hang on you'll be working with karaoke playlist, let me write you a script.

Go into Options>Controllers, in the keyboard mapping find the entry called
ONSONGLOAD

add this script
karaoke ? play : nothing

when karaoke is active, when a song is loaded it will play instantly
or use this mapping if you need a tiny 5 second breather.
karaoke ? repeat_start 'giveMeFiveSeconds' 5000ms 1 & play : nothing

Posted Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 9:07 pm
Oh brill..thanks so much for that..I'll put that to text..👍👍👍..much appreciated..

Posted Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 10:17 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No worries, obviously you're in the "trying vdj out phase", when you decide vdj will do the job for gigs [and you will] remember that to use vdj in a paid gig you need a pro licence.

The manual will help you starting, but it isn't the final word, vdj script can do so much that wouldn't be obvious by just reading the manual.

Posted Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 10:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)