Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stuttering video in latest update - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Just had an VDJ update come through today. Played on the system tonight and noted that about three videos had "stuttering video" it's not freezing it looks like a special effect where the video is jumping around in a 1 second or so range of the correct position.
Latest update had a green screen fix for interlaced video and I suspect it's related to that. Stopping the track and playing again to see if it's vdj or an actual effect of the video and there was no stuttering.
It was stuttering in both the deck preview windows and the main, and switching video across decks didn't help.

Also there is a bug where if you have a plugin set for audio only tracks, if you play two MP3 files both decks preview Windows Dissapeared, but the main window shows the plugin correctly. Playing a MP3 and a video and the background plugin appears in the MP3 decks preview window.

Posted Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 1:05 pm

Posted Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 2:37 pm
Yep same problem here with some videos. I tried different computers and I have the same problem on all.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 12:17 pm
I Rolled back to build 3848 and seems to be working fine no lag.

Posted Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 1:11 pm
Latest update, still have the problem.

Posted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 2:19 am
newmskiHome userMember since 2005
I had the same issue on Saturday 28th October. But the odd thing, the video I had an issue with, I played it early in the evening, it played fine, then about 01:17 : the file, a video mix I put together in Magix Vegas and export as .mp4, when I played it again, it did the stuttering effect as the original person who posted the issue described. The visual was fine, but the audio skipped, every second like an effect, or if a finger print was on the playing surface of a cd and it skipped. That sort of sound. But, I played something else from my tablet and rebooted Virtual DJ, played a diff file then afterwards in Virtual DJ, another video file .mp4 based again, and it was fine.
Version of Virtual DJ installed: 8.2.3954.0
My system is a windows 10, only about a month old, 8 gig ram, amd quad core am12 cpu. ati graphics and so forth. Using hdmi out.
Model: HP Notebook 15-ba043na

Posted Mon 30 Oct 17 @ 6:22 pm
There's been a few updates but this doesn't seem to be fixed.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 7:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Would it be possible to send me one of the videos that shows this problem?
Not able to reproduce it here so far, and didn't find anything in recent updates either that I think might cause this

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 9:12 am
I have not noticed this in my last couple of gigs although it does appear to be totally random, and as stated before the same problem file will play perfectly well next time.

Here's one video it did happen on (please delete link after download)

---

I also increased my ASIO driver buffer on the MCX8000 so not sure if that has made a difference?

Posted Wed 08 Nov 17 @ 9:38 am
I'll see if I can save a file it does it on but note that as said one play will glitch, reloading the track and it will play perfectly.

The key here is that the problem appeared at exactly the same time that the green screen at the start of the video was fixed. I'm sure it's linked.

Perhaps we could UN fix the green screen problem!? It would likely fix this problem!

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 4:39 pm

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 8:47 pm
pweldonPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I've noticed the same thing as Don. Video plays fine first time it's loaded. If it's stopped mid-playback and then restarted, it stutters. The only way to fix it has been to load a different video in that deck and then re-load the original video. It happens on any video file.

Posted Sun 26 Nov 17 @ 7:41 pm
Not every video for me... seems related to mpeg version 2 but some of them worked. Generally when some video problem occurs, it will be for a certain type or some condition and not for every video but you know anything can happen.

You generally need to supply more info for video or the actual video when possible. Helps to narrow it down. The extension may not be any help since that can be anything and not related to the internal video type.

Everyone should have at least MediaInfo. It tells a number of things about video and audio files. Helps you to help them narrow things down.

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

They already have a sample for this one and should be all they need.

Posted Sun 26 Nov 17 @ 9:31 pm
As mentioned, this bug appeared when the green at start of video bug was fixed. It must be linked. 99.9% of my videos are mpeg2 files.

Posted Mon 27 Nov 17 @ 8:38 am
Hasn't happened to me recently. Strange.

Posted Mon 27 Nov 17 @ 10:06 am
axis775PRO InfinityMember since 2012
I am getting stuttering as well, it's not so much a problem on the main video output because in a dance club no one really notices, but the waveform stutters too, which makes it really difficult to line up the next track because they are stuttering. But I've noticed that if I turn off the video output, the stuttering stops. Through all of this, the audio is perfectly fine. This problem started with 8PRO, didn't have the same issues with 7PRO. Been digging into the settings, so I'll post what I'm able to find out.

Posted Mon 27 Nov 17 @ 6:57 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you try to turn on the option experimentalSkinEngine and see if that helps?

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 4:40 am
getting same thing happening here with b4002.
have tried with FPS for video and skin both at 60 and both at 32 and neither had effect.
loading a video the skin and video frame rate drops down to under 20 and has dropped as low as 12fps
disable video or dump video from other deck and everything smooths out
no plugins running while doing this either
enabling ExperimentalSkinEngine leads back to deck showing track as loaded after dumping track and still has the stuttering both on skin and video

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 8:10 am
axis, you should start a new thread. Your issue is not related to the video issue here. By the way, since you just getting used to 8, Adion asked you to try something that is broken and it may confuse you. The explanation may be lengthy for you so reason I asked you start a new thread and so it does confuse the issue at hand.

kradcliffe, it does not happen with all video formats as far as I can tell and may be the reason you don't see it on occasion. Seems fine with mp4 and others here. Play the sample file above. It should produce the problem. But when I load it on both decks, it may play fine on one deck etc. Play it twice on a single deck without reloading. This looks like a simple play back issue.. Maybe whoever fixed the green problem screwed up big time but who knows..

John, your problem seems different. Are you seeing that on Win7 and did aero get turned off by mistake? I am not seeing that here with aero on, but with it off it gets erratic frame rate wise.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 4:14 pm
edit....

i'm a doofus.

that is all.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 9:43 pm
19%