Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VIRTUAL DJ GO'S HEAD TO HEAD WITH SERATO

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 5:12 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A reasonably flattering review, but still misses some bits about both SW, sampler, VST support.
Controller customising, be it pads or hw.
A uninformed assumption about VDJ's deck limit being skin dependant - it isn't, I can make deck 42 become the visible left deck on the default 2 deck skin with 1 button press.

Kind of glosses over UCC, but at least we got a shout.
But all in all not a bad article.

Posted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 5:40 pm
As you stated, it was reasonably fair. I thought Phil's comment about the name was juvenile. What the puck is a Serato, or a Traktor. We know that Tylenol works, do we give a shet about the name? It's actually Acetaminophen, again do we care?

Posted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 6:01 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
What the puck is a Serato

It's similar to an Atomix but from New Zealand.

Posted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 6:07 pm
Thank you for my first laugh of the day.

Posted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 6:09 pm
I had to chuckle. Had a chat with a couple of guys last Saturday who are Serato-Pioneer-Mac luvvies. They are getting frequent crashes with Serato but that's OK as it's winderful software.. Ha ha.

Told them VDJ8 is 100% reliable but in their eyes the VDJ-Denon-Windows solution is just a toy.

Funny because one of them has the SZ2 and a fully loaded Macbook Pro. Money down the shitter in my humble opinion!

Posted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 6:16 pm
VDJ having more functions than one could ever need and at no extra cost once purchased unlike the competitors. It gets the job done whilst I can get on and do mine and that is keeping folk coming to the venue and spending week in week out putting it crudely, but thats business and pays my living . So thank you Atomix for this toy as its abled me to make a living for over 11 years now.

As for the write up, I always find the Digital DJ tips to be fair in the main and very professional and informative so well pleased they covered VDJ.

And following the comments on here , they did make me laugh.

Posted Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 7:39 pm
Don't tell anyone, but for years, I thought the company name was Automix. Back when people were slitting their wrist, because there was a picture of some DJ on the website, I actually went to the bottom of the web page. It said Atomix Production in the corner. I thought it was a spelling error. So I'm using software from a company, I don't even know the correct pronunciation of their name. If they change the name to "Bedroom DJ", ask me if I care.

Posted Sat 07 Oct 17 @ 4:32 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
@Amahm will you care?

Posted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 2:36 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

So one guy in a million doesn't care if they rename it to microwave DJ...I feel so blessed to have found him :D

Posted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 12:33 pm
Homeboy wrote :
@Amahm will you care?

No, and I’m sure there are a few more people that feel the same way. Even if I’m the only one, it will not matter. I’m a DJ, and have been longer than most here have been alive. I just happen to use software. I’m not crying about the color of a waveform, the name of the company, the way the website looks, or anything else that’s irrelevant to my performance,or ability to make money. This software works for me, I own it. If they never make another update, I will still be a working DJ.

I own Serato, and it works, just not for me. I actually saw it before I saw Virtual DJ. It did not offer the functions that I needed. It has struggled to get those functions, while I made a lot of money using Virtual DJ. I made a grownup choice to buy this software, I have been satisfied since. I have said that if this software doesn’t work for you, you have other options. Make a choice. If you are worried about what others think of the software that you use, it will cost you money and a hour a week to talk to a professional. I can’t help you with that.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 7:22 pm
bagpuss wrote :

So one guy in a million doesn't care if they rename it to microwave DJ...I feel so blessed to have found him :D

I don’t know if you are blessed or not, but I was never lost.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 7:25 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

A Man and His Music wrote :
bagpuss wrote :

I don’t know if you are blessed or not, but I was never lost.

It's all relative, I found you.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 7:52 pm
I actually used VDJ in highschool back in 1999. for socials. my first time into software DJing. no controler. just a mechanical keyboard and sound card. Pentium 4 processor. anybody remember those..lol.. so holds a place in my heart. i was a denon decks guy before that.. CD's and all. but at that time a better software went by the name of PCDJ. i used that for a while too. PCDJ RED. But for mobile guys i think VDJ fits the bill perfectly. but the issue is since most clubs have serato and CDJ setup its good to know how that works too.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 8:58 pm
I've always used what I considered to be the best tool for the job at that time whether it be microphone, headphones, mixer, computer or software.

Although I've DJed for over 40 years (started in December 1976), I turned professional in 2002 using a laptop with Windows XP. I bought PCDJ with a Numark DMC-01 Controller and went through the various PCDJ software over a couple of years. I got fed up with the buggy PCDJ FX VRM and jumped ship to Traktor for a year or two. Was reasonably happy until I got very interested in Video DJing and bought PCDJ VJ (licensed from Atomix), big mistake! After it was constantly crashing I decided to go for the original VitualDJ. That was 2006/7 and have never looked back since. I think I've got Serato supplied with my Denon MC6000 MkII on CD, it's still in the packet lol. Never felt the need to even look at it.

I'm very satisfied with VirtualDJ and don't care what anyone else thinks. :-)

Posted Tue 10 Oct 17 @ 9:25 pm
They should mention serato doesn't work if you have an amd processor.

Personally I'd be using Serato right now (coz it came free with the controller) if it worked.Although I like VDJ better I just don't feel like paying almost what I paid for the controller itself.

I thought this part of the article was really dumb

"unlike Virtual DJ, there is no stigma around it among club DJs (eg “it’s not for serious DJing”) – however wrong-placed such stigma might be."

Posted Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 11:51 am
trooper909 wrote :

Personally I'd be using Serato right now (coz it came free with the controller) if it worked.Although I like VDJ better I just don't feel like paying almost what I paid for the controller itself.

"unlike Virtual DJ, there is no stigma around it among club DJs (eg “it’s not for serious DJing”) – however wrong-placed such stigma might be."

Well the issue is this statement is kinda true sometimes. I have gotten people coming up and saying how did u even get this gig if u r using vdj. Lol. I am like I am using the club cdj setup moron. Lol. Vdj works with everything. People are happy. It's that one idiot in the gene pool who finds it necessary to come up and say shit like this without dancing or drinking. Lol

Posted Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 11:56 am
charitha19 wrote :
trooper909 wrote :

Well the issue is this statement is kinda true sometimes. I have gotten people coming up and saying how did u even get this gig if u r using vdj. Lol. I am like I am using the club cdj setup moron. Lol. Vdj works with everything. People are happy. It's that one idiot in the gene pool who finds it necessary to come up and say shit like this without dancing or drinking. Lol

Its just software,never understood that kind of attitude to be honest.

I have one friend who swears by Serato and one Virtual DJ ,they always argue over which is best,Me? I couldn't care less about brand fanboyism I just use what works and feels most comfortable for me.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 2:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)