Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: karaoke video not showing on external monitor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djpartyPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi. I have a profanity license, I'm using an early 2013 MBP and can't get my karaoke to show on the external monitor with VD8. If I switch back to VD7 it works fine. This does the same thing for video files as well. Any suggestions?

Posted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 5:12 pm
djparty wrote :
Hi. I have a profanity license

Do you swear a lot at your gigs then?

djparty wrote :
Any suggestions?

Yes - read the manual, specifically the part covering the video mixer.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 5:37 pm
Does having a Profanity licence allow you to swear at the muppets and village idiot in the audience?

Posted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 5:48 pm
djparty wrote :
Hi. I have a profinity license, I'm using an early 2013 MBP and can't get my karaoke to show on the external monitor with VD8. If I switch back to VD7 it works fine. This does the same thing for video files as well. Any suggestions?

Posted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 6:17 pm
djparty wrote :
Hi. I have a profinity license, I'm using an early 2013 MBP and can't get my karaoke to show on the external monitor with VD8. If I switch back to VD7 it works fine. This does the same thing for video files as well. Any suggestions?

Posted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 6:18 pm
djparty wrote :
Hi. I have a pro-finity license, I'm using an early 2013 MBP and can't get my karaoke to show on the external monitor with VD8. If I switch back to VD7 it works fine. This does the same thing for video files as well. Any suggestions?

Posted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 6:18 pm

Posted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 6:32 pm
Thanks. I've read the manual and followed the steps. It works as long as I don't have my 6000mk2 connected, but not with the 6000mk2 connected. Suggestions???

Posted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 6:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Any chance you have the Volume faders down while trying video ? If so, then you could check the VideoVolumeLink setting (from VirtualDJ Options).
Thats the only thing i can think of that is related to Video Output when a controller is connected.

BTW, what happens when you load a video file on the decks, without the secondary monitor connected ? Do you get the Master Video Output on a floating window ? Does video mixing work that way ? Or is your issue not related to the Video Output ? Do you get the video output on the Deck Video previews ?

Posted Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 11:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)