Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: [NOTE] VirtualDJ works with macOS High Sierra (10.13) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VirtualDJ 8 is macOS High Sierra ready!
VirtualDJ is compatible with the new macOS High Sierra (10.13)

VirtualDJ 8 works great with the new macOS High Sierra and no particular software update is needed for compatibility.

------

Hardware
While VirtualDj 8 itself works fine with the new macOS, please make sure your hardware drivers are compatible as well. Check at the hardware manufacturer webpage for their status.

Pioneer
Denon
Numark

Feel free to comment on successful or problematic hardware below.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 9:37 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Nice job.

And keep the advertisments rolling as long as the rest of the industrie is struggling.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 10:23 pm
Good thing I don't use the other software. They sent me this email, because I bought a controller with their software.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 11:15 pm

Posted Tue 26 Sep 17 @ 6:06 am

Posted Tue 26 Sep 17 @ 3:21 pm
Be warned , as much as music files might be ok , what I found out is that the new "macOS High Sierra" might not be able to read karaoke files. I do a lot of karaoke and found out the hard way .I have had to go back to the previous operating system for now until the all glitches are sorted out

Posted Fri 29 Sep 17 @ 8:12 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Not sure why you would say that I'm having no problems playing any karoake zip files. Can you maybe retest or send me a file to check out.

Posted Fri 29 Sep 17 @ 1:20 pm
Love the using the touch bar on my MacBook Pro with Vdj

Posted Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 4:33 am
Have a problem, Virtual Dj opens in high sierra and dont respond, the same with Serato, and Djay pro. Anyone knows what a problem? Macbook pro with touch bar, Intel i5 2,9 Ghz.

Posted Sun 15 Oct 17 @ 6:00 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
evaldascx wrote :
Have a problem, Virtual Dj opens in high sierra and dont respond, the same with Serato, and Djay pro. Anyone knows what a problem? Macbook pro with touch bar, Intel i5 2,9 Ghz.

Are there any other applications stalling on your laptop? I have two of the same laptops from the initial launch of the 2016 model and I haven't and any issues with VDJ or any other application. Perhaps re-install High Sierra from a USB key cleanly?

Posted Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 1:14 am
djnet71PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Everything works great on macos High Sierra from the beginning of the upadate with my DENON DN MC6000 MK2

Great job guys!!!

Posted Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 8:28 pm
Hello everybody,

i use vdj with an High Sierra partition on my macbook pro (15 mi-2012.)

Processeur : 2,3Ghz Intel Core i7
Memoire : 16Go 1600Mhz DDR3
Nvidia GeForce GT650M 512Mo

My settings is Two Reloop RP7000 1Cdj 2000 and a Djm S9.

I notice that with High Sierra when i use Mp4 files i have left deck on Internal mode and i use right deck with the time code, when i start to scratch, the waveform start to ooching. it stop as soon as i stop to scratch. i've check my skin fps and its at 50.

on the same computer, i use vdj with an Yosemite partition and i don't have this issue.

Can someone help ?

Posted Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 9:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
alixrippon971 wrote :
. i've check my skin fps and its at 50.

Why set that high ? Isnt 30 good enough ?

Posted Sat 11 Nov 17 @ 9:29 am
i feel better with 50, the waveform seems more fluid

Posted Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 10:18 am
ericsekaPRO SubscriberMember since 2017
Bonjour à tous,
L'entrée LINE IN de ma console Hercules Universal DJ n'est plus reconnu dans Virtual DJ 8, ni sur mon iMac ni sur mon MacBook Pro depuis la mise à jour vers MAC OS X High Sierra !!!
Quelqu'un aurait-il le même problème ou peut-être la solution ???

Cordialement,
Eric S.

Posted Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 4:39 pm
Ericseka, ceci est in forum Anglophone seulement, s'il vous plait essayez notre forum Francais situe ici.

Posted Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 7:41 pm
I had glitching/flashing unstable screen) when I updated my Mac Pro to Sierra and based on Adion's recommendation I managed to resolve the problem by changing my skin PFS from 30 to 60. Now I have updated to High Sierra and the problem is even worst. I tried moving the PFS to 200 and the screen is still glitching7flashing although in a lesser way. Has anyone experienced this issue and would you have any lead? thanks, Jeff

Posted Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 12:52 pm
hey hey gang.....I have a macbook pro/os x 10.9.5 and I am considering upgrading to high sierra. I use the hercules 4-mx with my vdj 8....anyone using the 4-mx in here experiencing any probs with high sierra? vdj have issued a statement regarding compatibility but hercules seems to be a bit slack (or at least I can't get an answer from them)...thanks

Posted Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 7:02 am
Don’t update it, if you can’t find the answer then why even risk it??

I’d just hold off. I haven’t either of my Macbooks yet because really there’s no reason to.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 11:29 am
After being a DJ with laptops since 1999, one thing I have learned the hard way is not to dick with things for the hell of it.

If something works properly then just leave it be.

Even now, first thing I do on any laptop I buy (and I have quite a few) is to disable updates and NEVER upgrade the OS. In my experience it always ends in tears.

Some people think newest is best and just can't help themselves.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 11:49 am
83%