Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BUILD 3870 (2017-08-22) repeats - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
After I clicked "yes" nothing is downloaded. But this message will pop up again upon restarting VDJ. I am on b3848.

Posted Sun 03 Sep 17 @ 11:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Delete any update.ready file you may have in Documents/VirtualDJ/Cache folder and re-open VirtualDJ. It should re-download the update and ask to update right after. See if that helps.

Posted Mon 04 Sep 17 @ 2:03 am
Also check for "ghost" copies of VDJ open in Task Manager. I still have a lot of trouble with VDJ not shutting down properly.

It looks like it does, but if I visit Task Manager there can be multiple copies of VDJ running. No sign of them on the desktop, but they all gang up in Task Manager and lurk there!

Posted Mon 04 Sep 17 @ 5:07 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
groovindj wrote :
Also check for "ghost" copies of VDJ open in Task Manager. I still have a lot of trouble with VDJ not shutting down properly.

It looks like it does, but if I visit Task Manager there can be multiple copies of VDJ running. No sign of them on the desktop, but they all gang up in Task Manager and lurk there!

I have exactly the same problem, think this has to do with the setting that is saved as XML.
Try to delete it (do backup of your file) and try to config it from default setting, restart after every bit of a change. And check the task manager.
I know that some settings that I have makes vdj behave like this.

Posted Mon 04 Sep 17 @ 7:26 pm
Do you mind to share which settings cause this then ?

The only reason I'm aware that VirtualDj can stuck on task manager is when the audio interface drivers that's used by VirtualDj fail to close properly...

Posted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 6:31 am
So if I set exclusive audio access on, then opening a second copy of VDJ will warn me by saying there's no card?

Posted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 12:51 pm

Posted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 3:28 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
What operating system is causing the multiple instances problem? I have not seen that kind of thing for years. It does appear to me that Microsoft are neglecting the updates for all their operating systems apart from Win 10. Anyway I think Win 10 is excellent and particularly on older machines.
You can have problems with Win 10 updates such as a graphics driver it installed. Not really much of a problem once I was aware.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 3:39 pm
Using Windows 7

Posted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 3:41 pm
If you were entitled to a free Win 10 upgrade in the past although its past the deadline a clean install from a Win 10 dvd will still validate.
I'd recommend taking up the opportunity. I don't think they have a database of those who accepted their offer, they just know who was entitled.

Note: Check it still works using an old hdd before updating.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 3:56 pm
This seems to be an isolated issue. Fully upgrading an operating system is not good advice.

All my machines bar one are running Windows 7 and none of them have this issue.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 5:37 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
This seems to be an isolated issue. Fully upgrading an operating system is not good advice.

All my machines bar one are running Windows 7 and none of them have this issue.

Ditto.

This kind of problem is not typically caused by the OS. It can occur in a number of ways but more often then not caused by a thread not exiting so it is hung. Does not have to be VDJ itself and can be anything running under the same process as VDJ. It can be that the thread does exit sometimes correctly and then sometimes not.

The guys who have this problem should make an attempt at recreating the problem on demand or try to get a better feel for it so it can be checked out.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 6:27 pm
What I'm saying is... Win 10 is the best operating system I've ever seen !

A small example is that of Edge which is faster than Firefox or Chrome, and works great.
Remember I'm a Linux/Firefox man so this is quite a success for Microsoft.

I want complete Internet access whilst working for many reasons and a machine which is not fully updated is more likely to be vulnerable. Note that I'm not referring to the optional updates which you can install if you wish but the critical updates which Microsoft think are essential for stability and security.

Win 7 is increasingly becoming both obsolete, and neglected by Microsoft due to Win 10.

Kradcliffe do you run Win 10 ?
All my machines bar one are running Windows 7 and none of them have this issue.?

Posted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 7:03 pm
No, I run Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 and have absolutely no issues with them at all.

Let's not go off piste with this thread and make it yet another Windows debate.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 17 @ 7:19 pm
djdad wrote :
Delete any update.ready file you may have in Documents/VirtualDJ/Cache folder and re-open VirtualDJ. It should re-download the update and ask to update right after. See if that helps.

Try this but would not jump into b3870 after click "yes" to update. So still remain in b3848.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 17 @ 2:06 am
So still remain in b3848 despite check yes to update.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 2:08 am

Posted Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 3:25 am

Posted Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 2:45 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I have had a similar, I think it must be a windows 10 issue, I might have accidentally said no once to the smartScreen install pop up,

Posted Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 12:44 pm
locodog wrote :
I think it must be a windows 10 issue

I don't think so. The automatic early access updates always install on my Windows 10 laptop, but recently they haven't worked on my Windows 7 desktop PC.

Posted Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 1:05 pm
91%