Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is there some type of app that lets people send requests to you? I thought I saw something like this.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am DJing a few open format pool parties so this may be useful. It might be a god way to interact with the crowd.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 26 Jul 17 @ 2:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Wed 26 Jul 17 @ 2:05 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 26 Jul 17 @ 3:24 pm
You can also set up VDJ to monitor twitter for a specific hashtag of your choosing, and delivering the associated tweets to the ask.the.dj folder. It would be nice to be able to have both the ask.the.dj http interface and Twitter hashtag active simultaneously. The cool thing about the HTTP is that you can reply to the person who made the request right from the VDJ browser.

Posted Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 3:32 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
ZeroZuluBrav0 wrote :
It would be nice to be able to have both the ask.the.dj http interface and Twitter hashtag active simultaneously.

I agree with you that twitter is more a substitute or extra forum for sending message to the screen than asking for requests.

Could this be done with some kind of setting to adress twitter where to be shown?

Posted Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 4:21 am
I did a little testing and it appears that even though you can't see the HTTP requests while a Twitter hashtag is entered in the settings, the HTTP requests are being saved and will appear as soon as you remove the hashtag from settings, and vice versa. Wrote this up to tinker with it:

setting "askTheDJTwitterHashtag" 'djzeronewport' ? setting "askTheDJTwitterHashtag" "" : setting "askTheDJTwitterHashtag" 'djzeronewport'

I mapped it to a custom button, and it works to toggle between monitoring twitter and the HTTP by inputting or clearing the hashtag every time you press it, it of course needs some sort of feedback to indicate which service is currently active so you don't have to keep opening and closing the settings window to check, but it's proof of concept anyway.

Posted Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 7:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)