Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Well its choosing time

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Gotta make a choice between traktor and VDJ.....Only thing I use traktor for is blends and remixes...I use VDJ for all gigs except the weekly blend battle in my town. I really just wanna settle in with one....sheesh...weighing the odds.

Posted Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 10:49 pm
i think in this forum you're going to get some severly biased answers.

but they'd be right.

there is no way on earth i'd be able to do the same things with any other one software.

Posted Thu 29 Jun 17 @ 1:03 am
Why is this such a hard choice, and does it even matter? You own both, so it's not like if you use one, the other will be gone. You will still have both, and can change your mind tomorrow. You have been using them both long enough to know each ones strength, so I doubt anyone here will affect your decision.

Posted Thu 29 Jun 17 @ 2:01 am
I think he's just mad and trying to force the team into giving him remix decks like Traktor has.

I understand his frustration but like AMAHM said, you own both, what's the big deal?? Use Traktor at the battles and VDJ for everything else.

I really only use VDJ for mobile gigs (weddings, bdays, etc, etc) and I use Serato and Mix Emergency for my more serious gigs.

Just use what works for what your trying to achieve and keep it moving....

Posted Thu 29 Jun 17 @ 3:16 am
Traktors are for Farmers ;-)

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 1:18 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
I think he's just mad and trying to force the team into giving him remix decks like Traktor has.

I understand his frustration but like AMAHM said, you own both, what's the big deal?? Use Traktor at the battles and VDJ for everything else.

I really only use VDJ for mobile gigs (weddings, bdays, etc, etc) and I use Serato and Mix Emergency for my more serious gigs.

Just use what works for what your trying to achieve and keep it moving....

Humm ? so a wedding is not a serious gig ? wow SMH

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 1:19 am
Read into what you want but to me, not really.....

To much work, to many hours and half the time I don't really get to play what I want or like.

And nope the money doesn't matter either....

I rarely do them for all the above mentioned reasons but when I have/do do them I always and I mean always get calls asking if I am available. Most of the time instead of flat out telling them no, I just shoot them a high ass price. 95% of the time they will decline the price which is fine by me.

So yeah keep shaking your head I guess, not everyone thinks the same here......

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 2:56 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Read into what you want but to me, not really.....

To much work, to many hours and half the time I don't really get to play what I want or like.

And nope the money doesn't matter either....

I rarely do them for all the above mentioned reasons but when I have/do do them I always and I mean always get calls asking if I am available. Most of the time instead of flat out telling them no, I just shoot them a high ass price. 95% of the time they will decline the price which is fine by me.

So yeah keep shaking your head I guess, not everyone thinks the same here......

so weddings & somebodys bday party is not a serious gig but a bar & or club iz ? again smh

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 7:43 am
Is there something you need to say to me?? Or are you just gonna keep shaking your head??

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 10:28 am
your right its a ploy for remix decks...lol...

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 10:32 am
Yeah I wouldn't stress to much about it. They seem to adding a lot of what we ask for lately, post fade fx, better timecode, better fx, etc.

Sometimes these things just take awhile and no I don't have any insider knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes.

Posted Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 4:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)