Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: feedback for skin with 20 decks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

all feed back welcome. positive, negative, neutral.

==Concept==
vdj default 4 deck skin with some cosmetic changes taken from vdj default 6 deck skin.

==Theory==
samplers are awesome but limited to power. decks are powerful but limited to quantity. this skin will provide us with a 20 deck skin very similar to vdj default 6 deck keeping the 4 master decks easy to see at all times.

==Your Help==
2 minds are better than 1. With your feedback, this skin will be built and designed in the best way possible.

==Personal Goal==
My personal goal is to make this VDJ default skin showing off what vdj can really do. .. and get another star added to my name. ;)

new controllers (like my sz2) will be able to trigger and control these 16 extra decks (sampler decks) via the "fx" buttons on top of each mixer volume channel of each deck.
controller mapping is an entirely different issue to be addressed at another time.

here is what i'm looking at so far. using ms paint, i made this rough draft to get a visual goal. what do you think i should add/remove?
left side shows the new plan.. right side shows the old skin.

changes
..replaced deck 3 with 8 small decks
..main play panel cosmetic movement
..new: eject button to unload

Posted Sat 24 Jun 17 @ 2:26 am
Intressting Skin but i love the Jogwheels and other things too for the Skin too.

Questions:
Does this not goes that can make a Skinpage for the VDJ Decks,think this where very nice .

I mean this so,that where nice when this goes:

Skinpage:
Page 1: Deck 1-4
Page 2. Deck 5-8
Page 3: Deck 9-12
Page 4: Deck 13-16
Page 5: Deck 17-20

But iam waiting on your nice idea,hope your 20x Deck Skin come

greatings,Dirk

Posted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 9:21 am

Posted Mon 26 Jun 17 @ 9:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)