Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: pioneer DDJ SZ22 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok somehow the audio configuration worked out with me..
-Headphone cueing is not working properly, sometimes its inverted and its affected by the software PFL if you press Tab!
-color FX filter is still not working all times - mentioned before...
also there is a difference in the filter color FX on individual channels compared to that on the master color FX (something related to sensitivity or range maybe or scale) they are not alike in range when turning the knob while they are similar to each others on each degree of turning in Serato DJ
-Trim knobs don't turn the virtual gain knobs on VDJ fully ..full turn clockwise on the controller trim knob turns VDJ's knob towards 3:00 o'clock only-mentioned before

:/

Posted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 6:00 pm
we are working on it.

bug fixes will be in the vdj update when phantom uploads the bug fixes.. probably when all issues have been resolved.

in the mean time, i'm just sharing progress with you as i would want to be done to me.

this is my audio output settings.

note: ch1-2 is deck 3 not 1
it starts with deck 3,1,2,4 not 1,2,3,4.

i don't know about recording.. audio input.. just audio output.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 6:58 pm
Hello VDJ awesome team
Any news about when the DDJ-SZ2 will be natively supported☺?

Posted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 10:23 pm

Posted Thu 20 Jul 17 @ 11:03 pm

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 7:14 am
Dear Phantom DJ

Thanks again for the efforts, however; I still have issues with some options as follow:
1. headphone cueing is not functioning correctly, please instruct me if I may have any wrong settings: sometimes its inverted sometimes it works depending on the PFL light I don't know what is wrong actually
2. inst. doubles is not working it stops the track you are cloning
3. colour FXs for the dedicated channels are not working except for the filter(filter is the only FX which is working), however; all the colour FXs are working fine on the master channel

please advise

Regards...

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 2:17 pm
and for the audio settings I have them I this order:
deck 3
deck 1
deck 2
deck 4
headphones

is it correct?

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 2:18 pm
blacknoiz wrote :
is it correct?

Did you look in the manual that PhantomDeejay mentioned?

Please compare your settings to the ones in the manual (that are applied by default when you press the big DDJ-SZ2 config button).

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 3:25 pm
blacknoiz wrote :

1. headphone cueing is not functioning correctly, please instruct me if I may have any wrong settings: sometimes its inverted sometimes it works depending on the PFL light I don't know what is wrong actually

Due to firmware limitation / bug you must start VirtualDj with ALL PFL buttons turned off, and you must NOT use auto headphones.
blacknoiz wrote :

2. inst. doubles is not working it stops the track you are cloning

Clone deck is supposed to clone the track FROM the deck you perform double click to the other deck
blacknoiz wrote :

3. colour FXs for the dedicated channels are not working except for the filter(filter is the only FX which is working), however; all the colour FXs are working fine on the master channel

Check your audio settings then. The 3 of the 4 Color FX are HARDWARE operated, and they should function properly if you have the correct audio settings!
If they don't work this means you have WRONG audio channel adjustments.
The correct audio settings are posted on the manual...

In fact, ALL your questions are answered on the on-line manual, on the Troubleshooting-FAQ chapter:
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsz2/troubleshooting.html

Posted Fri 21 Jul 17 @ 4:26 pm
Hello phantom DJ
I did what you recommended regarding the issues i had, everything is working great, however; i want to use tab during my sets to get the keyboard shortcuts to work with my deck of choice since i have mapped alot of options on my laptop keyboard..so isn't there away that tab key will only affect the A&B lights on GUI which highlights the track of choice and to be fully seperated than the PFL buttons in the GUI (which are controlled by the controller)?? Also clicking on PFL doesn't turn the controller's cue light on, whereas; pressing the cue button on the controller lights the PFL on the GUI!
In sum: i think VDJ should find a way to allow the user to still use the laptop freely specially A&B selection and track highlighting to perform kepboard shortcuts on specific deck of choice and not be prohibited to touch the tab key which will lead to inverted controller cue buttons which will be very confusing during a performance

Thanksss

Posted Sat 22 Jul 17 @ 4:30 am
Change the option "pflOnSelect" to OFF

Posted Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 12:26 am
About pressing PFL on the software:
That's a limitation of SZ2 itself, and there's nothing that can be done to change it.

Serato DOES NOT have a software mixer on it's GUI.
Therefore the unit is not designed to handle such a situation.
To me it's a firmware bug, but for Serato users the unit works fine because they don't have a mixer on screen to press PFL buttons.

Posted Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 12:29 am
I was going to suggest to blacknoiz earlier that he changes skin to one without a mixer.

Posted Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 8:44 am
Hello phantom DJ...

as for the DDJ-SZ2 settings, they are working just fine for me, just one quick note regarding instant doubles:

when you have a track playing on (deck A) and you want to clone it to (deck B), this should be done be double pressing the corresponding knob on deck B, not A!
this setting is better because I was once trying to pick a song on an empty deck and accidently double pressed the knob, and guess what happened, it cloned the empty track to the out playing deck causing a complete stop of the playing deck and losing the song on the playing deck to be the cloned one from the empty deck

please take this into consideration

Regards...

Posted Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 5:51 am
Good day ..
Can anyone from VDJ team reply to my previous message regarding inverted inst. Doubles knob settings in DDJ-SZ2..you can check the right settings in Serato DJ software where pressing twice on the knob of deck B for example clones the track from deck A to B
However; the current settings in VDJ clones deck B to A which really can cause a mess as descibed in the example in my previous message
Waiting for your kind action to adjust the settings
Thanks

Posted Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 12:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can change this behavior by changing the BROWSE_LOAD key action.
Replace the part ...
...device_side 'left' ? deck left clone_deck right : deck right clone_deck left....
with ...
... device_side 'left' ? deck right clone_deck left : deck left clone_deck right .....

Posted Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 8:24 pm
djdad wrote :
You can change this behavior by changing the BROWSE_LOAD key action.
Replace the part ...
...device_side 'left' ? deck left clone_deck right : deck right clone_deck left....
with ...
... device_side 'left' ? deck right clone_deck left : deck left clone_deck right .....

Thanks a lot! its working the way I want now
Best Regards...

Posted Mon 04 Sep 17 @ 6:14 am
yo,

i currently have the following setup: TTX x 2, DJM-350, RMX-1000, EFX-1000, and a hercules rmx for my mobile gigs.

Ive been eyeing the SZ2 for a long time but couldnt justify the price. I saw a killer deal on Ebay and finally pulled the trigger. I just love how this controller is literally an all in one and has everything you need. I dj a lot of private events and in my opinion is a perfect. I just need that and my laptop and i dont need to worry about any extra wiring between the individual controllers, remix consoles or the mixer. i was going to get a SP1 but with the SZ2, i dont even need that anymore. I am really excited about it even though i know it is huge and heavy and not ideal for club gigs. My place is to have a DVS setup with the SZ2 and the TTs but it will be interesting with the TTs beeing so far away from the crossfader. I dont scratch that much but i would like to start learning on the TTs and not on the SZ2 jogwheels. If i do dj in the clubs, i can just take my serato box and work with the existing club setup.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFUTN47Jyms[/VIDEO]

so i did search for posts regarding the ddj-sz2 but didnt see a whole lot. I wanted to reach out to the existing sz2 users and let me know what you guys like and dislike about it. i want to utilise it to the max and plan to keep it for a while. I dont think all-in-1 controllers like these come around that often.

Posted Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 4:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)