Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can I use SoundCloud or Spotify while DJing with VirtualDJ 8? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello, everyone. I am just posting to ask ONE question. Can I use Spotify or Soundcloud on VirtualDJ 8? Thx.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 12:37 am

only available for Pro/ licensed subscribers of vdj8.2 and NOT for professional use at a gig.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 1:40 am
YWUHarriPlayzYT wrote :
Hello, everyone. I am just posting to ask ONE question. Can I use Spotify or Soundcloud on VirtualDJ 8? Thx.

As stated, Spotify (and also Deezer) has recently been included as a content provider, so you can play Spotify content from within Virtual DJ
But you need to upgrade to the pro version to use is

You should also remember that Spotify isn't licensed for playing in public, and since it's your private Spotify account that is used to get the content, these rules still applies even when you play Spotify content using VDJ. In this case VDJ is just an alternative player

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 8:13 am
KDubIIIPRO InfinityMember since 2017
I purchased the pro version and have premium spotify..nothing shows up on virtual dj. What am I doing wrong

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 8:59 am
You need early access enabled in the settings to get the early access version.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 9:01 am
So the early access will then allow spotify to be used?

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 9:25 am
If you have a spotify premium account then yes.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 9:31 am
KDubIII wrote :
So the early access will then allow spotify to be used?

Yes, if you have a Spotify Premium subscription, as stated above
This is a screenshot from my VDJ ( I know I have strange playlists on Spotify :) )

But Deezer actually works better because it allows faster download speed. Spotify have setup a download speed limit
The Deezer option looks like this on my VDJ

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 9:33 am
As noted by @Andy7689. Type in 'early' in your settings under options and check YES but I believe that's still in it's testing phase.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 11:59 am
Still unable to see spotify or online music

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 2:17 pm
Are you connected to Wifi? has your VDJ updated to newer version?

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 2:58 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I made the mistake of using my email address instead of user name which stopped me logging into Spotify.

The Spotify VDJ plugin was very poor last Saturday night. Deezer might be much better!

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 3:43 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I made a list of songs from Deezer in automix, after 4 songs it failed. The content disappeared.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 5:21 pm
If I use an older playlist in Deezer, which contains songs that are no longer available in my country, than it stops also. But yesterday and the day before, automix played all afternoon without any problem.

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 7:35 pm
Sorry should note after changing the option in VirtualDJ setup to enable "early access" then you need to quit out of Virtual DJ and restart it and it should ask you if you want to install the newer version. Maybe that is your problem?

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 9:20 pm
Warakurna wrote :
If I use an older playlist in Deezer, which contains songs that are no longer available in my country, than it stops also. But yesterday and the day before, automix played all afternoon without any problem.

I should have said nothing :) Today it also stopped also after 4 songs. Restarting VDJ, and now it works again.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 7:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You get error on loading to deck or what happens exactly?

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 7:42 am
Yes, it was an error on loading the deck. Loading the song manualy didn't help, I got an error message on the deck.
I got the same error on every deck for every Deezer-song.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 7:55 am
Worked very well during more than 4 hours, then it stopped again. It looks that it checks the license or something and that it lost connection.
Cover, BPM and key is loading correct, but it says 'Fout' (Error) as song name and it can't play. No problem for playing songs from my own database.
If i look up a new song from Deezer, not from a Deezer-playlist, it works. So the new song plays, but not the songs from my original playlist, or automix.
I analysed my playlist before loading.

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 12:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I found a problem when trying to play the same song twice.
Could it be that it were songs from the playlist you already played in that session?

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 1:19 pm
71%