Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problem setting up...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

...Pioneer DJM-750 Mixer.

We have just changed our mixer and I'm having problems setting it up using the USB ports. I'm using VDJ8, the driver has installed and shows in the audio settings screen. The switches on the mixer above the 4 faders say USB 1/2, USB 3/4, USB 5/6, USB 7/8. On the audio settings I select the first output as Deck 1 then select the DJM-750 WASAPI sound card then select Channel 1 & 2. The No1 fader then works correct. I then select the second output as Deck 2 then select the DJM-750 WASAPI sound card then select Channel 3 & 4. I then don't get anything from No2 fader.

Any ideas?

Posted Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 1:52 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I'm not sure if the pioneer mixers can be used with wasapi in multichannel mode. (Check the number of outputs reported at the last column)
You probably need to download the pioneer asio drivers for the mixer and use ASIO instead.

Posted Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 2:59 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have the same mixer and during testing, I found that they cannot. You need to use the Pioneer drivers and then local ASIO.

Posted Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 6:01 pm
Thanks guys using the ASIO set up worked fine.

Posted Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 10:59 pm
Just to add guys...

Now I have the mixer working as I want it, I'm now trying to get my controller to work with the mixer. The controller is a Denon DN-HC4500. It's connected via USB direct to the computer and starts the tracks as it should. If I alter the pitch or use any of the functions on the controller, the said function responds on my computer screen. I'd like to have the same thing happen with the Pioneer DJM-750 mixer. So that when I use the volume fader it responds on my computer screen. This would mean if I had the fader turned down and I loaded a new track with the old one was still playing, the computer would just load the track in without giving me the warning first.

Does anyone know if this is possible to do?

Posted Sat 25 Feb 17 @ 9:40 am
IMO there isn't much point.

When you're using an external mixer setup, the internal (software) mixer isn't being used. You've got a real one.

Ideally, VDJ would change the skin graphics when users select "external mixer" so that the software mixer isn't displayed on screen. Unfortunately it doesn't, which can cause confusion. I'd suggest using a skin designed for the job, which doesn't display a mixer on screen.

If you don't want to see load security warnings, turn off loadSecurity.

Posted Sat 25 Feb 17 @ 10:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The DJM-750 is natively supported, so if you're using the latest version of VDJ8 already, the mapping should show up already, and the faders on the screen should already reflect the faders on the mixer.

@groovindj: Even regardless of matching screen faders with mixer faders, the point is as said that the software can do more when it knows the position of the faders.
As mentions loadSecurity will work better since it only bothers you in case it's really necessary, and for video dj's it aids in correctly moving the automatic video crossfader and pass the correct bpm/wave data to plugins running on master.

Posted Sat 25 Feb 17 @ 10:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Side note :
In order the DJM-750 to work as a MIDI controller, you also need to have the MIDI ON/OFF turned on (at the left side of the unit). Also when VDJ starts, hold the MIDI Start/Stop button for more than 2 seconds in order the unit to send the position of the actual faders to the software (page 15 of the manual)

Posted Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 3:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)