Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: PC Software Plugin Drum Machine for Virtual DJ 8.2 on a budget (Free)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I must have tried a few dozen plugins some free, some not free to work inside VDJ 8 and landed on one DrumBurst. Not perfect and takes an ear to match beats but it can be way cool. (Just a note: this is a VST external dll for Windows)

Pluses:

• Free
  • Syncs to pitch (and up to user to match beat)
  • Can sync to Master Tempo on some skins. (Including VDJ 8 Default)
  • Lots of options and lots of patterns

Minuses:

• Need an ear to match. (But way cool when you slide the pitch and it matches)
  • Unless I'm missing something so far, can't find a way to save any newly created riff.

How to:

1. Copy files from install into Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\SoundEffect
  2. For default skin go to Master tab in center of mixer and choose the gear near 'DrumBurst' as the master effect. (If it's not showing up right click on a folder in the effects list and choose refresh then exit out of the listing and go back in.
  3. Now turn it on by clicking on the DrumBurst button in VDJ master effect.
  4. Start playing a tune in VDJ and press the Play button in DrumBurst(triangle) at the right time (takes practice to get down beat together)

I haven't seen the documentation yet for it but the M buttons on the right will mute channels. It has about 126 patterns which can be changed. If anyone knows of a better drum machine (paid or free) that integrates into VDJ that I missed, I'd be glad to hear.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 1:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)