Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Controller time... Thoughts?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys... I have had the Numark NS6 for some time and it's been fine. I messed up and upgraded my laptop against my own knowledge, and since September I cannot use the NS6. It appears that I still cannot get an update nor is one on the horizon which blows my mind.

But all is good... time for a new one. I trust you guys and would like your input if possible... I've got it down to 3 possible...

Numark NS7III

Denon MCX8000

Pioneer DDJ-RZX

Anyone played with all of these? Any of these? Thoughts and input are greatly appreciated. Thanks so much....

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 8:40 pm
What kind of upgrade did you make to the laptop? It's strange that your NS6 no longer works with it.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 8:50 pm
I left my laptop at home for a few days so my wife could use it... my son, who is a self taught, self proclaimed, computer genius decided to update everything for me. He downloaded Sierra OS.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 9:08 pm
My thoughts. I will not buy ANY controller that does not support the software that I use. I use Virtual DJ, and until they support a controller, I will not even consider a controller. I have tried the NS7lll, and it is nice, but not for me. I thought the MCX8000 was the controller for me, and if it had been supported when I was at the DJ convention in AC, I would have bought it. I could have gotten it for a great price, but am glad I waited. I like it but it has some things I don't like (like most things in life), but was willing to deal with. I hate power adapters. I don't like mirrored controllers. I did not like the feel of the jog wheels, they just seemed too loose. It is still high on the list.

But then I saw the Pioneer RZX. It was under glass, and my first thoughts were it does everything, including touching my private parts, which gave me a little chill. However it was yuuuge, I mean humongous and so was the price. I was in the market for 2 controllers. Mid size for the club, and full size for my mobile gigs. I bought the DDJ-SR as the mid size. My first Pioneer controller and I liked it. But then they released the DDJ-SZll, and the only controller in the line that had not been updated was the SR. So, I returned it to see if they release an updated one. This gave me a chance to use a pioneer controller. So I will also wait for the RZX to be supported by Virtual DJ. It does not have a power adapter, and is not mirrored.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 9:14 pm
Paulie_C wrote :
I left my laptop at home for a few days so my wife could use it... my son, who is a self taught, self proclaimed, computer genius decided to update everything for me. He downloaded Sierra OS.

So just set up a dual boot. Make a partition with the OS you need and you'll be fine.

So see you don't really need a new controller. An hours worth of work and you can be back to normal in no time.

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 9:30 pm
well if you like me i really cant live without Spinning Platters :-) my main set up is Denons Sc3900's & American Audio 14MXR
i also have the NS6 & Denon Mc4000 as my backups / small party go to controllers

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 10:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Also keep in mind that the DDJ-RZX is not supported at the moment, and there is really no ETA for this, so my advise is to exclude this unit from your list if you need to use VirtualDJ.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 2:46 pm
Thanks so much guys... I went with what I thought would be the best fit for what we needed... and I got the RZX.

It is an amazing controller and works perfectly. It takes a strong computer... but not a huge problem.

I am willing to help in any way I can to get RZX online with VDJ. It's a bummer it doesn't work right now.

Thanks so much for taking time to send me a message or post to this thread...

Back to the mix....

Posted Fri 27 Jan 17 @ 2:47 am
OK
SO LATE TO THE PARTY....
PURCHASED THE NS6
ALSO PURCHSED THE VIRTUAL PRO
HAVING ISSUES IN LINKING VPRO TO VIRTUAL
PLEASE ASSIST

Posted Sat 25 Nov 17 @ 3:42 pm
ok here is my thoughts. I have sold most of these controllers. I have played with all of them. I picked the best one for the value and best craftsmanship and bought 3 once they were no longer a hot item. The change in my djing came from virt dj 7 when i made a apc 80 . one side is all audio effects and the other is sound samples the other is cues 24 and loops . This thing is bullet proof and has space for ,ore effects or changes. I make sample pages linked to other buttons and spend my time now doing video graphic and projector mapping. reticently i added wireless dmx then used freestyler to run it linking it to buttons for mapping cues to poi.. so my point is new is not always better , I would rather add on more custom then be the kid with the phone that is new out of box. unless its free and i get paid to use it!

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 5:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)