Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Question before Purchase

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

With the Pads is it possible to have different pad pages on seperate pad controllers. Example my vci400 has 8 pads per side im planning to add 2 reloop neons or a pioneer sp1 or sp2.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 1:35 am
SP2?? What is that?

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 2:23 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
SP2?? What is that?

didnt know which it was, so i said both....lol...so its Sp-1? and there is no sp2?

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 2:36 am
Ahh ok, lol!

But to answer your question I'm pretty sure you can have different pad pages but then again I haven't tried it myself.

I do have an SP1 and an APC MINI but the mini hasn't been setup for pad pages yet (I might need to grab Loco for that ;-p)

Maybe Bob (DjDad) will chime in and clarify this for us?

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 8:13 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Currently there's only one active pad page for skin and controllers.

For fixed functions you could of course still map one controller with 'pad' actions, and the other with specific scripts for another purpose (loop/sampler/etc...)

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 8:30 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You can have 2 padpages controlling one deck if you think outside the box.

Say you always run 2 decks, have a normal pad page on deck one then on deck 3 have a padpage that does stuff to deck 1,

Something like

action_deck 3 ? deck 1 do stuff : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 do stuff : nothing

I have a couple of pages that do this the one I use most is hotcues on deck 1 controlling deck 1 and beatjump on deck 2 but that controls deck 1

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 8:47 am
would those pages on 3 and 4 be switchable like the regular pad pages. Guess that would be a knob mapping to scroll your scripted deck 3 pages?

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 9:31 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Indeed, they are just normal pages the only difference is instead of acting on the action deck (the deck it is assigned to via skin or def file) it specifies another deck.

What's the thinking here? Remix decks skin?

Also if switching pads is important to you then make an index pad page, see my blog about it
You have to sacrifice one button per deck but it can free upto 15 buttons (7 normal 8 shifted)

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 12:13 pm
locodog wrote :
Indeed, they are just normal pages the only difference is instead of acting on the action deck (the deck it is assigned to via skin or def file) it specifies another deck.

What's the thinking here? Remix decks skin?

Also if switching pads is important to you then make an index pad page, see my blog about it
You have to sacrifice one button per deck but it can free upto 15 buttons (7 normal 8 shifted)

Yes this all about the remix decks, but i can see other uses like the echo pad page being used at the same time as hotcues or routine.
but if the controller has a shift button would i still lose a button? How the remix deck mapping coming along?

Posted Fri 20 Jan 17 @ 12:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)