Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Coming: Denon SC5000 prime - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

We've released an official high res image to the Denon DJ Facebook page. This is the same image you may have now seen on techtools and djworx. We'll be answering questions about it on Monday ...

Mike

Posted Fri 06 Jan 17 @ 11:33 am
groovindj wrote :

I see it has a layer button, so possibly two audio outs / two decks in one?

Also, with three USB connections and an SD card slot, is there really a need for an internal drive? I mean the 5500 only takes a 256GB drive max, so a 512GB SD card or flash drive would double the capacity I've got right now.

Price is the next thing....

If this is all true I will definitely think about getting a set but that Engine software better be updated because that has and is the death of them in my opinion.

Posted Fri 06 Jan 17 @ 11:50 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
It's a really nice unit... I may have had time on it already! :-)

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 1:40 am
dcomo wrote :
It's a really nice unit... I may have had time on it already! :-)

Cool :).
So are you going to be working on a VDJ mapping for it?

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 9:06 am
If I can get the final hardware ahead of time, then I will definitely help if needed. (However, I believe that Denon is also trying to get hardware to the Atomix folks earlier so that mappings can be done day and date.) - That didn't happen with the MCX8000, however a number of us have been pushing Denon hard from a few different angles and I am hoping it's working!

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 9:15 pm
dcomo wrote :
If I can get the final hardware ahead of time, then I will definitely help if needed. (However, I believe that Denon is also trying to get hardware to the Atomix folks earlier so that mappings can be done day and date.) - That didn't happen with the MCX8000, however a number of us have been pushing Denon hard from a few different angles and I am hoping it's working!

Very cool :)

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 10:04 pm
Yes, I am currently doing a lot of reading and video watching.... :-)

Not sure right now if it's worth the extra over a 1st gen XDJ-1000 which at present can be bought for less than half the price of the SC5000 in the UK, but it could win me over.

Need to confirm a few things about what it can do, but it looks promising.

In one video, the SC5000 carries on working when the power cable is pulled out!

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 5:58 pm
Hmm I'm liking this unit!!

Definitely need to get my hands on 1!!

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 6:33 pm
Putting 2 + 2 together, it looks like there will be another (better) deck released in May...

Why? Because the FCC details people were linking to, thinking they were for the SC5000 are clearly not. The specs include WLAN which the SC5000 doesn't have.

I think the next one will possibly be the motorised one as mentioned by JJ @ poweronplay.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 9:40 pm
Now that would be an ace in the hole!!

As long as the new software is decent I think these will sell pretty well. This has always been a problem for them and they really need to quit putting out a new version ever time they release a new player!! Start making that shit backwards compatible already!!

Selling my CDJ 850's soon because it's almost tax season and a lot of kids will have money to burn, lmmfao!!

Posted Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 10:21 pm
Curiouser and curiouser....

I've just downloaded a 110 page PDF document from that FCC page people were talking about, and it definitely is for the SC5000 Prime - but it mentions various wifi modes and Bluetooth, gives details about the antenna (who made it etc) and lists test results.

So either the SC5000 was going to have wireless capabilities but Denon dumped it, or perhaps it will end up in a different model later.

There's the above mystery and also certain documents on the FCC site are "locked" until May. If they relate to the SC5000 why lock them until May?

Hmmm...

Posted Wed 11 Jan 17 @ 9:13 pm
good now the price of the sc3900 will go down....

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 12:22 am
Where in the world can I download Prime Engine from!?!?

I can't find or have massively over looked it!! I need to get my tracks setup NOW!!

These decks will be mine! ;-p

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 5:30 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
groovindj wrote :
Curiouser and curiouser....

I've just downloaded a 110 page PDF document from that FCC page people were talking about, and it definitely is for the SC5000 Prime - but it mentions various wifi modes and Bluetooth, gives details about the antenna (who made it etc) and lists test results.

So either the SC5000 was going to have wireless capabilities but Denon dumped it, or perhaps it will end up in a different model later.

Or... it does have the hardware, but the firmware disables it?
Just like it is with the SX2 DVS support.

Or take the VW 2.0 TDI engine. You can get it with 140 HP or 170 HP. Both exactly the same hardware. Just different software parameters.

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 11:33 am
And 1 last thing, let's hope VDJ and Denon come up withe way to read our cue points & loops......

WHERE CAN I FIND THE PRIME ENGINE SOFTWARE??

Can't find it anywhere??

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 3:33 pm
Doesn't look like it's released yet Huey. Says "coming soon" on the website.

Looks like it will be released with the new gear as the current download is only for Engine 1.5

The only thing there are a couple of screen shots.

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 3:45 pm
Alright, cool!

Thanks Keith! Thought I was going crazy, lol!!

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 3:46 pm
From what I understand, it will be available mid-late Feb. (Engine Prime.)

Software looks impressive, however I'd likely never use it. What I would personally love to see if VDJ add some of the advanced music management tools (duplicate finding and cleaning, etc.) into the software.

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 4:22 pm
Mojaxx has done a video of his first impressions, and to me the file analysing on the unit looks a bit slow.

Might be because he loaded a bunch of tracks, but the one on screen took a while to come up with a BPM etc.

IMO it needs to be really fast for this feature to be useful. You know, if you have a track playing on another deck and you slap a new USB stick in there to load something, you don't want to be held up by the OS before you can play it.

Posted Thu 12 Jan 17 @ 5:57 pm
39%