Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Private message notification by email

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

Today I was looking for new forum topics and suddenly I saw I had private messages in my inbox... This was by coincidence.
Can we have an email notification or something like that?

I don't want people waiting for days/weeks/months before I reply while I could reply them immediately..

Posted Wed 07 Dec 16 @ 12:45 pm
Yeah, the whole messaging on here is rather convoluted and primitive. A conversation with someone should just be in one thread, not have to keep switching from inbox to outbox and into each message. But yes, you should get notified, would be much better. Should also be able to save forum posts, sometimes I come across certain topics and wish I could save them to refer to later.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 16 @ 1:22 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Andy7689 wrote :
...Should also be able to save forum posts, sometimes I come across certain topics and wish I could save them to refer to later.

I think there's a thing call bookmarks, most browsers have them, or so I've heard [/:p]

I agree with threads, maybe even search message content, but knowing how archaic the forum search function is....

Posted Wed 07 Dec 16 @ 1:35 pm
locodog wrote :
I think there's a thing call bookmarks, most browsers have them, or so I've heard [/:p]

Haha, yes that is correct :)

Posted Wed 07 Dec 16 @ 1:54 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@royvanmeel concerning that pm I sent you in 2007, sorry but the guy has sold the item.... rofl

Posted Wed 07 Dec 16 @ 9:45 pm
:)

Posted Wed 07 Dec 16 @ 9:46 pm
Andy7689 wrote :
Yeah, the whole messaging on here is rather convoluted and primitive. A conversation with someone should just be in one thread, not have to keep switching from inbox to outbox and into each message. But yes, you should get notified, would be much better. Should also be able to save forum posts, sometimes I come across certain topics and wish I could save them to refer to later.

+1

Posted Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 1:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)