Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: PlayHead custom color option - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Make the hard-coded white line color customizable to fit with custom skin color themes, please...

Posted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 9:59 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Draw your own play head on top of the white one.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 12:40 pm
Is that possible?
..or is this just an ironic remark?

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 1:04 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No sarcasm there, It's possible.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 1:11 pm
Okay... I'm interested!
How do I do such a thing?

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 1:14 pm
There's an example in my skin, when showing cues on songpos with some background overlay.

~ line 11700 (can't tell accurately now) in a panel class="songpos_cue_name".

<define class="song_position" action="get position">
<pos x="+1" y="+89"/>
<size width="513" height="38"/>
<on x="" y=""/>
<fader visibility="90%">
<pos x="952" y="1154"/>
<size width="4" height="38"/>
</fader>
<mouserect width="0" height="0"/>
</define>

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 3:06 pm
Ah, I see. I think that's above my head :( I have never worked with classes before and to tell you the truth: I do not understand what your code says. As I said: above my head. I'm stuck in the VDJ7 era as far as VDJscripting is concerned... So, unless somebody spells the script out for me, I will have to insist in requesting the playhead color to be selectable... Thank you VERY MUCH for both your interest, though! Appreciate it!

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 3:23 pm
Basically it is a simple slider, with a white fader (or other color of your choice, drawn in image resource file), and no body (the slider is transparent).

Same size as songpos widget, just drawn on top. I believe that can be achieved in V7 with no classes, not too sure though.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 4:18 pm
What my first message meant is :

If you can't find an option for something, try to find a workaround to bring the option by yourself, it often works. Be tricky :)

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 4:21 pm
Genius!
But I still think that it would be only logical for the playhead color to be adjustable (to match custom skins), especially in a software as flexible (and skinnable) as VDJ!!!

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 5:23 pm
OFC.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 5:38 pm
@DEVS: Will the PlayHead color ever be selectable?

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 11:18 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can have any "Play-Head" graphics, if you overlay/add a <slider action="song_pos"><fader/></slider> i guess.
Have transparent graphics for the slider (in order to still see the graphics of the <songpos> and any graphics u want for the fader. And probably set SkinPlayHeadShadow setting to No.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 2:46 pm
Thank you for the tip and the code! I've got my PlayHeads color-matched with my skin, now. Many, many thanks, Babis!
:)

Posted Thu 02 Feb 17 @ 11:31 am
Nope, not quite. It seems that the fader is at the beginning of the song a bit in front of the playhead, and at the end of the song the opposite: a bit behind the playhead. You can therefore still see the white line at the beginning and the end of a song.

So, I still would like to see a color option for the playhead...

Posted Sat 04 Feb 17 @ 5:37 pm
.....and your slider overlay is the same length as the waveform underneath it?

Have you tried adjusting the slider size (maybe a few pixels narrower than the waveform)?

Posted Sat 04 Feb 17 @ 6:27 pm
Yes to both.

:) Thanks, Groovin'!

Posted Sat 04 Feb 17 @ 6:35 pm
Actually your slider needs a different length than waveform.
Let's say you have a 4 pixels wide fader for the playhead and that the waveform is 200 pixels wide.
Your slider must be 204 pixels wide and placed 2 pixels before the waveform starts.
Finally you can use some dumb graphics to "erase" the 2 pixels that are outside the waveform when playhead is at 0% or 100% position.
Generally remember that you want the center of your fader to follow the playhead.

Posted Sat 04 Feb 17 @ 9:19 pm
I didn't quite understand the "dumb graphics" bit, but that did it, Phantom! Thanks!!!

Slider: 4 pixels bigger than the waveform and starting 2 pixels earlier
Fader: 3-5 pixels wide

That should do it for anyone interested, unless I'm forgetting something :)

Posted Sat 04 Feb 17 @ 10:37 pm
Herm... lol... well you finally made what's advised in post 2...

Posted Sat 04 Feb 17 @ 11:26 pm
95%