Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-SX2 Instant Doubles (Clone Deck) - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mikcerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Lol, yeah that's exactly what I did. Double tapped the load deck 2 button to clone deck 1 then double tapped the load deck 1 button to clone deck 2.

Are you saying with a song loaded on deck 1 I should double tap the load deck 1 button to clone that song onto deck 2?

Posted Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 1:31 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yup, that's the way is is intended to work.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 2:22 am
OK, going back through the scripts Locodog and PhantomDeeJay both have working clone deck scripts. I guess I just didn't realize you were supposed to load a song on Deck 1, then double clicking the deck 1 button to have it cloned to deck 2. I thought I was supposed to double click the empty deck load button to have it clone whatever was playing on the active deck. Sorry for the confusion and thanks to both of you guys!

So what is the difference between these:
Locodog's
var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : var 'double' ? set 'double' 0 & repeat_stop 'myrep' & action_deck 1 ? deck 1 clone_deck right : action_deck 2 ? deck 2 clone_deck left : action_deck 3 ? deck 3 clone_deck right : action_deck 4 ? deck 4 clone_deck left : nothing : set 'double' 1 & repeat_start 'myrep' 400ms 1 & load & set 'double' 0

PhantomDeeJay's
var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : var 'double' ? set 'double' 0 & repeat_stop 'dblclick' & action_deck 1 ? deck 1 clone_deck right : action_deck 2 ? deck 2 clone_deck left : action_deck 3 ? deck 3 clone_deck right : action_deck 4 ? deck 4 clone_deck left : nothing : set 'double' 1 & repeat_start 'dblclick' 300ms 1 & set 'double' 0 & load

Posted Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 3:55 am
No difference really, phantoms needs a double press within 300ms, mine within 400ms

Posted Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 4:00 am
Well either way, big thanks to both of you guys!

Posted Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 4:10 am
karz10PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi just curious, I was directed here from another thread, I was interested in doing this on my DDJ SX 1st Generation, as well as on really any mixer I may happen to use, including my 2 channel mixers like the Rane 62 and the Pioneer DJ S9, will one of these codes work on all those mixer types? I wasn't sure since sometimes coding may be to a particular mixer, or 4 deck vs 2 deck etc., thanks in advance...

Posted Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 7:54 am
shouldn't make a difference midi is midi, as for 2 deck over 4, since there isn't a deck 3 or4 you won't call any action associated with them.

Posted Wed 14 Dec 16 @ 8:04 am
karz10PRO InfinityMember since 2010
locodog wrote :
shouldn't make a difference midi is midi, as for 2 deck over 4, since there isn't a deck 3 or4 you won't call any action associated with them.

does that mean this is something you would set up per controller / mixer config, so one could be different from another, but if I wanted all my mixers / controllers to work this way, I would load the code for each profile when they are connected? whether 2 or 4 decks?

it's just been awhile since I messed with this stuff and didn't have so many interfaces before, thanks

Posted Fri 16 Dec 16 @ 12:27 am
each and every mapping yes, it's been that way for many years.

Posted Fri 16 Dec 16 @ 12:51 am
How do you add an unload to this if you hold it?

Posted Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 2:36 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Best approach for LOAD and SHIFT LOAD, which provides
- load on press
- clone from other deck when fast/double press
- sorting when shift+press
- unload when shift+Long press of Load
LOAD:
var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : doubleclick ? clone_from_deck : load

SHIFT+LOAD-->BROWSER_SORT key:
holding ? unload : action_deck 1 ? browser_sort 'BPM' : action_deck 2 ? browser_sort 'Title' : action_deck 3 ? browser_sort 'Track' : action_deck 4 ? browser_sort 'Author' : nothing

Notes:
- with the new doubleclick action, you dont need all the above repeat actions, so code is much simpler
- the new clone_from_deck makes the other deck to clone to the called one, so no need to query from which deck it comes and to which it clonoes to.
- you cant combine double-click (neither with the repeat actions) and holding queries, thus the unload is moved to the Shift action.

Posted Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 12:44 pm
mbugusPRO (OEM)Member since 2013
kindly showme how to do this

Best approach for LOAD and SHIFT LOAD, which provides
- load on press
- clone from other deck when fast/double press
- sorting when shift+press
- unload when fast/double shift+press
LOAD:
var 'hwmixer' ? nothing : doubleclick ? clone_from_deck : load

SHIFT+LOAD-->BROWSER_SORT key:
holding ? unload : action_deck 1 ? browser_sort 'BPM' : action_deck 2 ? browser_sort 'Title' : action_deck 3 ? browser_sort 'Track' : action_deck 4 ? browser_sort 'Author' : nothing

Notes:
- with the new doubleclick action, you dont need all the above repeat actions, so code is much simpler
- the new clone_from_deck makes the other deck to clone to the called one, so no need to query from which deck it comes and to which it clonoes to.
- you cant combine double-click (neither with the repeat actions) and holding queries, thus the unload is moved to the Shift action.

om my ddj sz

Posted Sun 30 Sep 18 @ 3:34 pm
mbugusPRO (OEM)Member since 2013
Tried the settings twice, when i press instant doubles on ddj sz it loads the clones deck but pauses at first cue point and does not play as it should replicating the cloned deck at the exact point of cloning

Posted Sun 30 Sep 18 @ 3:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)