Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Is there a plugin that does geometric correction of the video output? when projecting from an angle? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Just like Arkaos where you drag the 4 corners of the output window, I wish there was such thing for VDJ. this way we could correct the Vertical and Horizontal keystone when projecting from an angle.... anyone knows a plugin or even some piece of software that does it in the 2 monitor output image?

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 3:59 pm
Mac or PC??

Doesn't really matter, if on a Mac syphon VDJ into Resolume and shift all you want.

If on a PC use Spout to move VDJ into Resolume and again shift all you want.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 4:21 pm
I'm looking for the same thing.
But buying Resolume just for this!
Isn't there a more simple (and cheaper) solution?
As videoshape directly within VDJ?

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 8:25 pm
It would be awesome!

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 8:26 pm
You thinking small, sure Resolume cost a nice piece of change but it do soooooo much more then just shape video.

Ok for a free way use VPT 7.

Google and you shall find it (thumbs up)......

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 8:38 pm
Hi "the Sound Insurgent",

Thanks for your response and for your solutions.
And you're right... I'm thinking small...
Because I'm a DJ (i'm focused on that), not a VJ. That's why i'm searching for simple video tools to simplify my set up.
I have already tried VPT7 and it's not what I call a user friendly or a simple tool (I'm sure it is for a VJ).

So, again, if there exist a simple solution or, if someone could develop a vdj plugin for that, it would be very cool.

(sorry for my very bad english)

Posted Wed 07 Sep 16 @ 6:09 pm
Are you on a Mac or PC??

Posted Wed 07 Sep 16 @ 6:22 pm
PC

Posted Wed 07 Sep 16 @ 6:47 pm
Ok give me a few and ill try to figure out something easy and free ;-p

Posted Wed 07 Sep 16 @ 7:19 pm
As Carl Cox would say: "Oh Yes, oh Yes!!"

Posted Wed 07 Sep 16 @ 7:31 pm
Hi "the Sound Insurgent",

Did you find something for it?

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 3:37 pm
I might be missing something - but the projector you are using has a bunch of settings for this too - trapezoid adjustment or something like that from its menu. They also project a grid to help with setup at a new venue.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 8:18 pm
No. Only vertical keystone correction (as a lot of video projectors)

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 9:00 pm
That's what I'm looking for:

http://keystonep5.sourceforge.net/#download

Directly as a master video output plugin in VDJ (and for windows because this link shows "Keystone" which only works on osx).

If someone could make a vdj plugin like this, it would be fantastic.

Posted Wed 09 Nov 16 @ 9:27 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
A plugin with the ability to do things like this maybe? ;)

Posted Fri 11 Nov 16 @ 5:00 pm
OK I took the functionality of the above plugin I mentioned (which allows you to reshape the video by moving each corner point) and created a simpler Keystone video effect with horizontal and vertical keystone. PC only at the moment, I'll port to Mac when I get a chance.

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80481

Posted Fri 11 Nov 16 @ 6:20 pm
Hi SBDJ,

Very nice! I have already tried this new plugin. Very cool.

But, when i'm not in front of the screen with the projector, I can correct the keystone, but the image is strech more than a 21/9.

You said that with your previous plugin you can move the 4 corner point. I think it's exactly what I need to match the image to a screen when I'm not in front of it.
Do you think, you can make this plugin to?

Thanks for all your work!

Posted Fri 11 Nov 16 @ 7:50 pm
And I forgot to say... You are the King!!

Posted Fri 11 Nov 16 @ 7:59 pm
As a quick workaround I can add a squash control to this one to adjust the aspect ratio.

Posted Fri 11 Nov 16 @ 8:04 pm
Scott, you are incredible! Any chance you can make it reduce the image size? I have a projected image that does not quite fit size wise (little too big) and I cannot move the projector.

Posted Fri 11 Nov 16 @ 10:18 pm
28%