Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A Pioneer DDJ SZ Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All

i notest that when i connect monitors to the ddj sz i cant make them work unless the channel fader is opened
cant hear music from them unless the music is playing through the main speakers too
i think its a mapping thing but i cant figure it out
so if there's any help ill appreciate it a lot
thx in advance

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 6:28 am
What exactly are you expecting to happen? It's perfectly normal for the monitor (booth) output to mirror what's coming from the main output.

The booth output is designed so that you can still hear the main output signal even if your main PA is inaudible. It allows you to "monitor" the main signal.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 7:38 am
yes your right but on previous mixers i used i can control the monitors volume from the knob even if the channel fader is down or off
that's why i asked

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 8:38 am
That's a limitation (or feature depending the way you see it) of the hardware itself.

SZ feeds the Booth output the same signal as the master output. Some other mixers indeed are capable to send/route other audio / channels besides master output to the booth output.
Depending on what you want to do, perhaps you could use the PHONES connector to send your audio to the booth, but I don't think it's practical on most cases.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 12:58 pm
Wow, that's pretty bad for a top end controller. Even my MC6000 lets you select which channel (or master) is fed to the booth out.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 1:03 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Actually I think it's more common that you can't do this - I think most Pioneer, Rane, Allen & Heath and Denon mixers lack this ability don't they?

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 1:21 pm
True, most mixers don't offer the ability to assign the sound send to the booth output.
Denon DNX1600/1700 mixers as an example don't have the ability to select the sound of booth output (but MC6000/MC6000MK2 controllers do)

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 1:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)