Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Can map "effect_button" to audio effects but not Visual

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys, any help or input would be great. I've mapped a few visualizations to keys to make jumping from camera to lottery or telly visuals quick and easy. The problem i have is i can't map any of their effect_button options, the option is there but nothing happens. I can map audio effects but not the video ones?

Thanks guys

Posted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 9:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
effect_button 'Lottery' 3

working here, can you give examples of what you have tried.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 9:38 pm
I have exactly that written and nothing happens. Yet it works with audio effect_buttons. Its very strange.

I've tried mapping it to a keyboard and a launchpad but nothing. I've tried lottery/camera and slideshow but none of them trigger. Yet it i did the same for echo it works instantly.

What i'm try to achieve is that on lottery when its activated that i can use a keystroke or pad press to activate the Start/Stop button situated in the effect_button 1. But it just won't work for me. Id love to see how you got yours working.

Thanks for the reply BTW. appreciate it

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 12:41 pm
Okay i got it working. thanks.... i had left out deck master from the start of the VDJscript.

Thanks again for the help

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 12:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you loaded these effects on master, you probably want to use
deck master effect_button 'Lottery' 3

Otherwise it will take the Lottery instance on the deck it is called from/active deck, which probably doesn't have a Lottery effect running.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 12:56 pm
Ok I have no idea how this works, nor slideshow. Can't find info on how to set up.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 12:37 am
Ok I have no idea how this works, nor slideshow. Can't find info on how to set up. I'm On a Mac Book pro.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 12:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Both need a folder with images (or videos for Slideshow). To define this folder, you need to open their GUI from the small cog icon you see next to the Effect when you open the Effects drop selection list.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 11:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)