Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8.2 v3343 Freezing Up

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

IVDJ 8.2 v3343 keeps freezing up. I've used this version on two different PC Laptops (Gateway & Dell) but it makes no difference. When I initially started using VDJ it was with the Gateway Laptop. Not only did VDJ freeze, it also caused the computer to completely shut off.....not cool. At that point I decided to buy the Dell Laptop thinking that was the issue until VDJ started freezing up when I was using it last weekend. After reading a few posts on the Forum regarding this exact issue, I'm concerned it might shut down the new laptop as well. Is there an older version of VDJ that will not cause these problems? I like the software and want to continue using it if an earlier version will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated; thanks.

Posted Sun 21 Aug 16 @ 2:13 am
It would also help us to list your controller, OS and other technical data like that.
Quite often it's not VirtualDj itself that causes this behavior, but a combination of other things.
Usually a laptop shutting off completely means issue with it's hardware OR overheating.
Since you have the same issue on 2 different systems then I could suspect overheating as the primary source of your issues.
Whether this overheating comes from continuously big CPU usage or bad ventilation on your booth, I don't know. But it may worth looking at this.
If it is overheating and it's caused to big CPU usage you may also want to start Windows manager and check the CPU usage of all apps running on your system.
Then we can make some safe conclusions and see what you can do or what we need to fix.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 16 @ 11:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)