Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Unable to get the VDJ Remote working... - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well as above I haven't used the app in months, and since then all I have done is update VDJ to 8.2 and it worked first time. Bonjour was still installed from my previous use of the app. Running windows 8.1 on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro.

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 2:39 pm
DJJDROXPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Alright so I'm back.

I found a big catch with the mobile hotspot setup that I previous found to work. If your doing a gig where cell service is an issue, my android phone will not create a hotspot. The VDJ 8 Remote setup was useless for me at a wedding last weekend when I tried using it due to poor service. At least I had a DJ & MC setup as a backup that worked. Damn ATT! Anyhow, I spent another 4 hours trying to get this ad hoc to work on my device. I've turned OFF my firewall and have created inbound and outbound rules for both private and domain level firewall settings for virtual dj. I've enabled sharing, homegroup apps and everything. I know they see each other - as soon as I fire up the remote app from my android device (PC Win 10 w/ HTC one M8 - HTC Sense 6.0 - marshmallow ) VDJ on my computer sees my phone with the (error) next to it's name with the Check Firewall Settings above the Connect button. I have installed Bonjour and nothing shows up in the printers section. I also enabled an inbound outbound firewall rule for it as well. REALLY would like to get this working! Could have saved me some $ not paying for someone working the table as I handling the introductions and such.

It's def a network issue, but there are a million setting within networks, ad hocs, IP settings etc. I haven't found the right combo yet. I've enabled sharing from the ethernet, the wifi... but still can't seem to find an Android Step by Step anywhere. I'm pretty savvy w/ comps and it's driving me up a wall. Any help would be apprectiated! I'm down w/ taking screen shots of any info that someone would feel helpful in a resolution.

Posted Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 12:55 am
Is there a video set up or a step by step on how to setup the remote with a Android lollipop tablet and windows 10 with out using the internet to connect to the remote

Posted Sat 27 Aug 16 @ 4:13 am
nativesonline wrote :
Is there a video set up or a step by step on how to setup the remote with a Android lollipop tablet and windows 10 with out using the internet to connect to the remote

I watched a YouTube video on how to make a ad- hoc for Windows 10 my remote work great. Easy to do and to set it up. Right click on the start button then Go to advanced command prompt then type in the command netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Djwifi key=12345678 then hit enter then it will give you another prompt then you type netsh wlan start hostednetwork then hit enter
Then go to your network and sharing and look for your new network then go to your tablet and go to your wifi and look for the new network. Then click on it and put in your password 12345678 and go to your virtual dj and enable the remote and go to your tablet and load your remote and it should now be connected to your computer in the prompt command you can change ssid= to any name you want the add a space then type key= what ever password you want then hit enter I found out when I turned off my laptop and later turn it back on I had to re type everything all over so I made a note pad on my desktop and I typed in the prompts so I could copy and paste them back in. Hope this helps someone out there. If not go to YouTube and watch a video on ad-hoc

Posted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 3:47 am
I'm trying to run iPad 4 to MacBook Pro with veg remote, it keeps saying "device refused to connect check firewall" but I have my firewall off

Posted Thu 01 Dec 16 @ 1:35 am
Vdj Iremote^^^^

Posted Thu 01 Dec 16 @ 1:38 am

Posted Sat 24 Jun 17 @ 1:39 pm
I can connect to my laptop with no issues however, I can not see my files, lists or anything like that or waveforms. When I press to see my files it says "loading" and that is it. Sliders all work and if I select a track on the pc, then i can control it on the Ipad but that is defeating the object.

Anyone else had this sort of problem?

Posted Mon 16 Jul 18 @ 11:15 am
Never heard of that. Try uninstalling the iOS app then reinstall it again.

Also try downloading a different remote skin and swapping them to see if that works.

Posted Mon 16 Jul 18 @ 11:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)