Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Release button? (VDJ 7)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a button (Button A) coded as a stutter button while pressed:

Deck 1 goto_cue 3 & deck 1 pause & deck 1 play_stutter while_pressed

While Button A is being pressed, I'd like a second button (Button B), that when pressed, will cancel Button A's action and continue playing the track from its current position.

Essentially I'm punching Button A and then finally holding it down, but I need a way to release the while_pressed action while I'm holding it down, so I can let go and the track can continue seamlessly.

Something like:

When Button B is pressed: If Button A is pressed down then cancel Button A's actions, and continue playing track from this position.

Possible?

Posted Tue 07 Jun 16 @ 10:35 am
Any ideas?

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 8:36 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
On CDJs and typical controllers... after tapping the CUE several times, press-hold-down CUE (before release), then just press PLAY.

That's the main reason why they put them close to each other. Even when CDJs don't have Hot Cues option yet.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Button A : play_button (add deck x in front if you wish to apply only to a specific deck e.g. deck 1 play_button)
Button B : cue_button (same as above)

the behavior of the buttons can be changed from the Deck Options (exactly like the PLAY, CUe buttons on the default skin) via the deck options menu (small dot button next to the PLAY button)

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:42 pm
Pressing the play button isnt working because when i release the cue button it goes back and pauses at the cue. Im not sure if its a vdj7 thing or i've got the code wrong. i'm using the cue code as written in my original post, and i've set a button to deck 1 play.

i specifically need the stutter function in there because i'm 'punching' the cue for the sound, and theni want to drop the track in

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 12:33 pm
Cheers @djdad. It works now that it's set to play_button instead of play.

Ok, so cue_button sets a cue point wherever the track is paused. How can I change it so that it never sets a cue point? I'd just like the button to go to the cue point and play while pressed.

Button A: deck 1 play_button
Button B: deck 1 cue_button 3

Posted Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 7:09 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
hmm something like ..
pause ? cue ? cue_button : goto_cue 0 & cue_button : cue_button

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 12:56 pm
Thanks. I seem to have it working ok with deck 1 goto_cue 3 & deck 1 cue

This sets a cue point but it sets it in the original cue 3 location

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 5:00 pm
hmm something like ..
pause ? cue ? cue_button : goto_cue 0 & cue_button : cue_button

If the button's pressed when the track is paused, it triggers the cue point straight away (as wanted). But if the track's playing, it goes to the cue point and needs another press to trigger it. Can this be fixed?

Posted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 2:54 am
Ok, solved it by putting a pause action before the cue.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 11:18 am
I'd like to get it so that it only goes to cue point 3 and stutters if there is a cue point 3 already set. If there's no cue point 3, it should do nothing.

How can this tie into the existing code?

Posted Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 9:51 am
At the moment I've got..

deck 1 pause ? deck 1 level 100% & deck 1 goto_cue 3 & deck 1 cue_button 3 : deck 1 level 100% & deck 1 goto_cue 3 & deck 1 pause & deck 1 cue_button 3

Any ideas how to activate this only if there is already an existing cue 3?

Posted Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 2:38 pm
..bump.

If not, then how do I code two queries? So one for the pause? and the second for cue3 being present?

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 2:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)