Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 8.2 - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

autoupdate 3272 to 3278 went well on mac 10.11.6 bèta (15G19a)

Posted Sat 25 Jun 16 @ 1:16 pm
Has all the editors and settings windows been ''skinned' on 8.2?

I use windows in accessibility mode (white on black). on vdj 8.1 it works ok, but now on 8.2 it acts as though it's been skinned etc....

cheers

pete

Posted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 12:14 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yes, the editor windows are now drawn by VDJ.

Posted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 1:15 pm
Unfortunately it makes that part of the software unusable for me, white background causes to much glare (i'm visually impaired). any chance of an inverted colour option in the future?

could even tie it in with the skin xml file <editorsforgroudcolor> & <editorsbackgroundcolor> etc

obviously there are higher priority things first,
I can continue using 8.1 in the mean time tho.

thanks

Posted Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 11:42 am
The new pad section is amazing and couldn't have come at a better time. I'm currently watching Novation Launch controls on ebay but had been holding out through the knowing of the pain to setting all the colours and routings etc. I don't use a standard DJ controller, just a Novation Audio Hub for pro sound quality, with many short cut keys set on my keyboard and a standard DJ mixer.

My question... Now we have this pad section have we lost our custom buttons? I had a few set up for various linked effects to be triggered. For instance break with reverb.

Edit... I've just found them in the 2 deck version.

Posted Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 10:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
mitchiemasha wrote :
Now we have this pad section have we lost our custom buttons? I had a few set up for various linked effects to be triggered. For instance break with reverb.

If you want to have your custom buttons to any skin that has Pads (Default skins and some custom-made already), you can create a Custom Pad page and have the pads assigned as
custom_button X

and the text/Name of the Pads as .
'custom_button_name X`

where X is the number of the Pad

Tip. The custom buttons actions are saved within the settings.xml file. Meaning that if for some reason you want to revert to the factory defaults one, you will lose them unless you have kept a backup of that file.
My suggestion is to take some time and instead of assigning the Pads as custom_button X, to use the action directly from the Custom buttons. The actions will be saved in a PadPageName.xml file in the /Pads folder, which is not deleted when reverting to factory settings, nor with a re-installation of VirtualDJ and can be easily copied/pasted to a different computer.

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 6:41 am
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
An open letter to the VDJ8 Development Team-

Congratulations on all of the work you do. As an avid supporter and user of VDJ for many years, I feel that your continued dedication to improving the product is outstanding.

Again, thank you and keep up the great work.

DJ Lee

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 3:56 pm
I see on the Facebook page that 8.2 is officially released now?
Did not see that coming, because in my opinion 8.2 is still not that stable if you ask me...

EDIT: or maybe it has to do something with my skin (Silversleek #3) but I would not recommend my setup with VDJ8.2 yet...

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 4:02 pm
I've thrown pretty much everything at the current build and it's solid with my setup. MC6000 mk1 and DDJ-SP1 mixing both audio and video.

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 4:25 pm
ive noticed with the new 8.2 public release that its saids vdj 8.8 in my account license area why is that

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 6:48 pm
You lucky sod, theyve given you the version with post fader effects, timeline and 12k video support :)

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 7:09 pm
ProfLee wrote :
An open letter to the VDJ8 Development Team-

Congratulations on all of the work you do. As an avid supporter and user of VDJ for many years, I feel that your continued dedication to improving the product is outstanding.

Again, thank you and keep up the great work.

DJ Lee

I to totally agree thanks VDJ team the best just gets better

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 8:26 pm
I have Windows 10 and just did the update. Now it crashes in mid-song, over half of my songs I've loaded from Netsearch show error, I get a pop up saying my c: drive is corrupt, 103 songs are set to expire, my automix won't work..haaaaaaalp! I have a gig in two hours.

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 11:06 pm
mrcrosbyControlleristMember since 2010
I dowload 8.2 and I am the music search bar and not the normal look to le

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 11:20 pm
djdad wrote :

My suggestion is to take some time and instead of assigning the Pads as custom_button X, to use the action directly from the Custom buttons. The actions will be saved in a PadPageName.xml file in the /Pads folder, which is not deleted when reverting to factory settings, nor with a re-installation of VirtualDJ and can be easily copied/pasted to a different computer.

Thank you for this. So what you're saying is, although we can assign custom pads to trigger a custom button, it's better to recreate what that button would of done directly into the pad, mainly due to how the info is saved.

I'll likely do that anyways, but it's good to know that for now we have a quick way to link the pad to the button.

Posted Tue 05 Jul 16 @ 11:26 pm
v8.2 b3291 (curious what has changed between the 3286 and 3291 since build history page has not updated yet)

Posted Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 7:41 am
:)
Build history is updated now.
Thank you

Posted Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 8:08 am
DJ GDWPRO InfinityMember since 2010
djdad wrote :
mitchiemasha wrote :
Now we have this pad section have we lost our custom buttons? I had a few set up for various linked effects to be triggered. For instance break with reverb.

If you want to have your custom buttons to any skin that has Pads (Default skins and some custom-made already), you can create a Custom Pad page and have the pads assigned as
custom_button X

and the text/Name of the Pads as .
'custom_button_name X`

where X is the number of the Pad

Tip. The custom buttons actions are saved within the settings.xml file. Meaning that if for some reason you want to revert to the factory defaults one, you will lose them unless you have kept a backup of that file.

hello people, I have a mapping for the Pioneer DDJ-SX amended in such a way that I can now pulse with SLICER pads the addon PhantomFx. it looks to you in the accompanying picture on more you must not change and have lots of fun with it. that can be applied also for other addons keymodplay or beatgridSL

Posted Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 6:13 pm
MrJackson2014 wrote :
Updated right now to 8.2 to find out the sampler output is really crappy shen synced to mastertempo.
Lots of crackles now ... were rock solid before updating. Have to downgrade again .....

I get crackles now when I synch songs and type too fast (searching songs)...it only happened after the 8.2 update

Posted Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 9:23 pm
mobilesensation wrote :
I get crackles now when I synch songs and type too fast (searching songs)...it only happened after the 8.2 update

This happened to me last night but its done it twice before 8.2. More of a rapid stutter than a crackle. Quite worrying. Can't have that happening when it's loud and busy. Last Night was the longest duration, too long, thought it had crashed , previously the music restarted before you could even look at the laptop.

I'm guessing my laptop had got too hot, possible dirt in the fan. It's quite powerful, i5 2.6 turbo to 3.2, 8gb ram.

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 1:19 pm
82%