Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Compact Rig

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
We really need two rigs, one for when we have plenty of space, and the other for sardine cans.

We also had a magician performing with us whose first trick was finding a way on stage.

Another point about this type of work is that you basically manage everything.
I mean you find things like power points for, and introduce the acts, help with raffles, and just about fulfill any random requirements, including karaoke.

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 12:55 pm

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 1:03 pm
This is a post to guide, and encourage young DJ's.
I'm well aware of the thread to which you refer.
Few have the privilege of seeing it, so it would not really encourage newcomers.

I often think this forum creates an incorrect picture of the typical DJ's working life.
It's not about the Calvin Harris stuff..it's more varied, and better!
I'd like some of Calvin's money though!

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 1:17 pm
Not sure why it's levelled so no-licence users can't see it. But then so are so many other threads on the forum. A bit strange.

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 1:29 pm
There are an awful lot of things hidden away from most readers of this forum.
It's a bit elitist.
Apparently the more stars you get the more you can see.
I hate it when those with lots of stars are talking in a thread, but I cannot see what their posting.

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 1:52 pm
Yeah, if the company don't want the general public or non "pro" users to see content it gets levelled up out of sight.

I'm pretty sure from my moderator days If you are VIP level or above you can set at which level a post can be seen. It's always been this way.

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 2:00 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
There's not many of us posting nowadays compared to the activity that used to be on these forums some time ago, unfortunately the user base in my eyes for good or bad has been diluted way to much, Atomix first got the ball rolling with Content Unlimited and their little club, excluding long time users and contributors, simply penalizing them from content/news just because they wouldn't contribute or did not need the service Atomix was offering, that veil was so transparent...

Further dilution of the forums has been brought about by the use of social media where nothing seems to be withheld whatever your star rating happens to be. For me, I think those commercial ruses have adversely affected the benefits of the forums and the diverse subjects that once populated all of the forums.

But to get back on subject, maybes a better way of putting your question Ron would be, how adaptable are users and their equipment to smaller working environments in the least expensive way. I avoided using the word cheap just in case Amahm reads this. (he already knows what a cheapskate I am)

I was going to level this up to five stars (just so you couldn't see it, rofl) but what the hell, I'm in a good mood!

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 3:32 pm
lol

That reminds me that my rear projection Asda shower curtain did quite well on Saturday night.
I'll post a picture.
I've also just got a nice text thanking me, and the item, which used the word great!

Posted Mon 30 May 16 @ 3:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)