Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Bpm scan heat

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when doing bpm scans my pc shoots up 40c. or more...even playing games I sit around 59-62c, but i looked at my temp when scanning for bpm, my pc was at 94c. Is there away to prevent this....Amd x4.

Posted Mon 23 May 16 @ 6:37 pm
play a track when u start scanning it will use less cores or cool you PC better ... unless they put in a option to set how many cores are used its going to get hot....

the truth is your CPU at 100% usages should have enough cooling to not overheat if not something needs looking at on the PC.

Dirty fans and heat sinks clogged vents something......

Posted Mon 23 May 16 @ 7:41 pm
wickedmix wrote :
play a track when u start scanning it will use less cores or cool you PC better ... unless they put in a option to set how many cores are used its going to get hot....

the truth is your CPU at 100% usages should have enough cooling to not overheat if not something needs looking at on the PC.

Dirty fans and heat sinks clogged vents something......

I would agree if the games produced the same heat, but i could play a game while watching a youtube video and still not produce that heat

Posted Mon 23 May 16 @ 7:51 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
But games are GPU heavy, not CPU heavy....

When doing analysis on a quad core system, VDJ makes use of the resources available to it in order to do the task as quickly as possible.

Posted Mon 23 May 16 @ 7:53 pm
will vdj accept bpms set by other software, i cant take this. My pc runs great with everything else, evenrunning ableton rewire to studio 1 it doesnt produce that much heat.

Posted Mon 23 May 16 @ 8:07 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
will vdj accept bpms set by other software, i cant take this. My pc runs great with everything else, evenrunning ableton rewire to studio 1 it doesnt produce that much heat.

no answer needed

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 3:02 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You says it runs great with other software, implying that it does not run great with vdj.
What happens to your pc when it reaches these temperatures?

If you can't use your pc at 100% cpu then I'd say you bought a defective product and you should check with the store to see if it can be replaced.

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 4:14 am
So i think i need to upgrade the cooling system, but for a quick fix, i set the affinity for just core 0, i still get multiple scan at once but with less heat. SO when I scan 1000s of files, I use this setting.

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 2:25 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which cpu do you have exactly, and where do you read the temperature btw?

Posted Wed 25 May 16 @ 5:15 am
cpu 0, temp no higher than 62c

Posted Wed 25 May 16 @ 12:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)