Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: auto-enter in loop at end of song - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

And here is the syntax for those that wish to have Loopbackmode switched on. As I have:

Loop ? nothing : loop_back ? loop_back & loop 8 & loop_back : loop 8 & loop_back

Works perfectly.

You can replace the number 8 with any loop size you like.

Posted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 1:03 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
It might be desirable to have the end loop in an instrumental verse halfway through the song (or even the intro!).
That would require different code.
It should be easy enough.

Where are the script masters?

Posted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 1:15 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
For that saved loops would be one answer, and a apoi with the script [saved loops prepared are another way to handle the op request too]

loop_load X

or set a cue at loop in point and a apoi [towards the end of the track] with

hot_cue X & loop Y

there are a few ways [goto, cues, saved loops]

I myself bounce tracks as a full clone [level, key, eq, fx] to another deck and loop [ a habit developed during the times of no recording to slots], sometimes I loop record and load the sample to a deck [now that grid analysis has been improved]
sometimes I record a loop sample direct to a slot, and I also sometimes use v7's overloop effect [has nuances]
It all depends on how much you want to manipulate the loop.

Posted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 1:33 pm
set a cue at loop in point and a apoi [towards the end of the track] with
hot_cue X & loop Y

That worked fine Locodog, however does it not need further scripts to avoid the problems in this thread?

So..
hot_cue X & loop ? nothing : loop Y

Posted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 2:47 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not really, if the loop will over run the apoi, then you are using the wrong method.
This way is suited to jumping back quite a way, and as you've triggered hotcue and loop later in the track then the loop won't over run the poi so there's no conflict.

[edit]
Well there could be a conflict [with the action give certain conditions] if say you had loop 8 on and you ran into the poi and the poi also called loop 8.
Then you'd have a loop active and if you call the same sized loop when it is active it turns the loop off

to prevent that you'd query the loop length you want, if true switch the loop off, and loop on somewhere

hot_cue X & loop Y ? loop Y & loop Y: loop Y

that's the kind fool proofing that gets some users lost.

[good scripting needs to account for everything that could change the intended behaviour]
so accounting for slip mode would be another thing to do, [if you use slip mode] you could throw in a slip_mode 0 before calling the hotcue

Posted Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 3:05 pm
Thanks for the help..you're all terrific!
Not forgetting our German friend. Nice script!
I now regard myself as King Of The Loops. LOL
Whatever..

Posted Wed 24 Aug 16 @ 11:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)