Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pitch & Time - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Its there anything like Pitch & Time in Virtual DJ like in the Serato DJ?

Posted Fri 29 Apr 16 @ 9:55 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
What does Pitch & Time do?

Posted Sat 30 Apr 16 @ 12:51 am

Posted Sat 30 Apr 16 @ 7:47 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks G, interesting.

Posted Sat 30 Apr 16 @ 9:58 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It's very CPU hungry just so you know.

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 2:57 am
But it sounds so damn good though

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 4:43 am
I can't see the difference between Serato pitch & Time and VDJ key up and down ?

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 6:22 am
If you both have Serato (with P&T) and VDJ, try a song played at plus or minus 30 (or more), that's where you see the difference.

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 8:30 am
....but who would ever play something that far from the original tempo?

I think that would be very unlikely unless you're a producer/performance DJ and the crowd have come to hear your crazy mixes, not to dance.

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 9:18 am
Pitch N' time is needed in Serato if you want keylock, because the default that comes with Serato is really really bad.

The one that is already in VDJ is really good, so unless you want to go crazy with pitch changes you shouldn't have any issue

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 2:20 pm
groovindj wrote :

I think that would be very unlikely unless you're a producer/performance DJ and the crowd have come to hear your crazy mixes, not to dance.

it makes for some ill blends....

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 6:39 pm
30 plus or minus is exaggerated... But you can use it to compare the sound between the 2.

I won't forget the first 2 songs I tested live together when I first had the PnT.
Since they are both of the same key... from: Tequila - The Champs 90bpm to: Fireball - Pitbull ft John Ryan 123bpm.

Posted Sun 01 May 16 @ 7:05 pm
I do extreme pitches all night long, you just have to know which song you can do it too. I go from 128 to 100 or 95 all the time, transitioning from club to reggaeton or hip hop. I do not have a problem.

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 12:58 am
Nothing can compare VirtualDJ, its just the best.

Posted Wed 04 May 16 @ 8:12 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I dont get it yet ,why people wants something that we alraedy have in vdj8 ,too many things serato dosent have ,why do you want to use vdj8?sincersly close the topic..Im tired to hear why this is no here come on guys!!!!!

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 2:13 am
espepe wrote :
I dont get it yet ,why people wants something that we alraedy have in vdj8 ,too many things serato dosent have ,why do you want to use vdj8?sincersly close the topic..Im tired to hear why this is no here come on guys!!!!!

The problem is Serato will use a different title for the same function, but this is keylock sold separately. which vdj already has.

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 2:27 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
groovindj wrote :

Me (older techno into jungle) but the keylock is off, and I assure you people dance.

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 8:37 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
espepe wrote :

Pitch in time is an expensive add on, but the quality of the algorithim is very high, so it's really for people who must have the best or who like to make extreme tempo changes whilst the music still sounds relatively natural.

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 1:16 pm
I'm betting most of the guys who talk down on it here probably haven't even spent the money on it to try it hence all the negativity, lmao!!

Posted Thu 05 May 16 @ 3:03 pm
Thanks to all my fellow DJs for your support and contributions towards the topic PITCH & TIME,i never knew SERATO DJ was only confusing issues by changing the name KEYLOCK that already exists on VIRTUAL DJ for long time.
Thanks again.

Long live VIRTUAL DJ!!

Posted Fri 06 May 16 @ 6:04 pm
87%