Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cannot listen to precue with Denon MC3000 on Mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

borvnyLE userMember since 2014
Hi everyone,

I came across an older thread (http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/168659/General_Discussion/I_cant_listen_to_the_precue_on_denon_mc3000_to_hear_songs_before_they_come_on.html) and I'm going through all that is mentioned in the thread and still having the problem.

I cannot listen to songs with the headphones that are in precue. I can listen to the master output on both external speakers, and headphones, if I moved the Monitor knob towards monitor.

I've checked that the MIDI settings on the Mac for the controller are set to quadraphonic.
I've checked the volume and level output knobs.
The Monitor knobs are on cue and the phones volume is up.
I have deck A playing and deck B playing, deck A is outputting on the external speakers, and I cannot hear any sound over my headphones from deck B...

Any advice?

I'm running Mac OS 10.11.3 (El Capitan) and tried Virtual DJ 7.0, 7.4 and 7..7.4 versions with no luck. Using Virtual DJ LE. Did not have this problem with my older Mac, the only difference seems to be the Mac OS version...

thanks.

Posted Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 6:13 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
First, you need to have both speakers and Headphones connected to the relative sockets of your controller (Denon) and not your computer.

Then you may need to set the sound card of the Denon to 4 Speakers mode (quadrophonic)... http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-listening%20with%20headphones%20with%20Sound%20cards%20without%20ASIO%20drivers.html (scroll down to the Mac section) and the Denon sound card is not the default sound card of your Mac.

Make sure the Audio Setup of VirtualDJ (if available in the LE version) is set as ..
Inputs.. None
Outputs.. Headphones (Master 1,2 - Headphones 3,4)
Sound card.. 4out (Denon)

Posted Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 6:46 am
Thanks for replying. This is exactly what I have done.

Headphones connected to the headphone jack of the Denon controller, controller connected to Mac via USB. Mac MIDI settings to Quadraphonic for the Denon controller...

Posted Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 2:52 pm
Embarrassingly enough, a reboot solved the issue. When I say reboot, I mean reboot of my Mac. I did try re-starting the controller and the Virtual DJ SW, and at the end, a reboot of my computer did the trick.

Posted Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 7:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)