Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Database Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj2bucsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I had to do a complete new install my database got messed up so I am wondering if there is a way to use the date it was downloaded instead of the date that it got added to the DB cause now when I click on Recent Folder I get songs that were some of my first downloads to recent all different years but nothing like the dates I downloaded *Note Am Still Using VDJ 7.4.6 and a Windows Computer With the NS7 II

Posted Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 1:38 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
all reqired informations are stored in the database.
If you have made a backup it should work fine when
just copy the db back to the VirtualDJ root folder

Posted Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 6:23 am
Yes I'm running windows 10 with the numark ns7ii. I am having problem with the music sounding like it is skipping when playing video or possibly seems like it is dragging which is really getting to be embarrassing when doing gigs. can someone help

Posted Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 8:05 am
What happened is that when I open VDJ it says there is a newer version would you like to download it now and so I clicked on yes and did it and then when it got done downloading I opened it up and it's the free Home Edition and of course when I open that new home addition that did nothing but conflict with all the other virtual DJs so now everything's all messed up and so I went to my download page and there it shows a version 7.4 .7 on there but it won't let me download that version but it keeps asking me if I would like to download a newer version can you possibly guide me in the right direction it would really be awesome if I could use the dates that I downloaded on instead of the dates that I added it to the database

Posted Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 5:01 pm
If the newer version you're referring to is VDJ 8 then unless you log in to it (using your forum details) then it will work as an unregistered free Home version.

Posted Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 7:57 pm
I have 7.4.6 the newer version now but on my home page it offers a 7.4.7 so I believe its talking about it cause I have 8 too and they have never conflicted before

Posted Tue 09 Feb 16 @ 11:50 pm
Some help please I would like to start reanalyzing my files if I have to and that usually takes a day I didn't know is there maybe a filter folder that would let you decipher through your list by the date they were downloaded instead of date added to DB

Posted Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 6:17 pm
Did I just ask a question that has been asked a bunch before, did I ask a stupid question am I no on the right forum why can't I get any response need to reanalyze files tonight at the latest

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 6:30 pm
Still don't actually understand what you are asking ......

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 6:33 pm
I had to do a complete new install my database got messed up so I am wondering if there is a way to use the date it was downloaded instead of the date that it got added to the DB cause now when I click on Recent Folder I get songs that were some of my first downloads to recent all different years but nothing like the dates I downloaded *Note Am Still Using VDJ 7.4.6 and a Windows Computer With the NS7 II

Posted Thu 11 Feb 16 @ 9:40 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can add the file date column in the browser.

Posted Fri 12 Feb 16 @ 6:20 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
isn't file data a problem as it isn't in the db itself, thus has to be read every single time, to get the file data to over write first seen would be a regex exercise.

Posted Fri 12 Feb 16 @ 7:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)