Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can you DJ with dropbox files on virtual DJ.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have three danceclubs all of which use virtual dj. If i were to use dropbox and download my videos into dropbox at one club could the other club using the same dropbox account access those videos on virtual dj?

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 2:27 am
i have found it to be a problem, the file transfer delay can really screw things up. I'd recommend copying your files onto drives...

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 3:31 am
In theory yes. However you must have a big Dropbox account and keep in mind that it will take several days until the computers finally sync their data. After the initial sync the rest syncing will take much less time but since you're talking about videos, you will have to wait several minutes each time you make changes on one system for them to appear on another.

Personally I use dropbox to sync VirtualDj "home folder" between all my computers and I have no issues as long as I wait a few minutes each time I boot a coputer to make sure that all changes have synced.

Posted Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 5:30 am
Hey guys.... A quick question. Can iCloud be used the same way Dropbox is used? I run a Karaoke company and we employ several DJs/KJs and we all run VDJ8, it'd be nice to update one karaoke folder with new songs and have them sync to all of the KJs.

Many thanks in advance

Posted Thu 01 Dec 16 @ 4:10 pm
mike44PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have a few different venues I have DJS working for me doing Karaoke & DJ'ING. I put new songs in the Dropbox and they show up to the gig a little bit early and move songs from Dropbox to the hard drive.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 16 @ 6:17 am
tmixx1LE userMember since 2016
How can I get dropbox to go into my virtual DJ

Posted Sat 31 Dec 16 @ 8:04 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Selecting the dropbox folder with the VirtualDJ browser won't work for you?

Posted Mon 02 Jan 17 @ 10:07 am
Same problem: cannot access the Dropbox Sync or other folders on Mac HD (icon is grey)

Posted Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 11:09 pm
CueItUpPRO InfinityMember since 2014
roadstar06 wrote :
i have found it to be a problem, the file transfer delay can really screw things up. I'd recommend copying your files onto drives...

Why? Are you using dial-up?

Posted Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 10:52 pm
Dropbox is a great way to keep music/videos synced between multiple computers. It works best if all the computers are always online.

I personally keep ALL my music and videos on Dropbox. It allows me to keep things the same across devices, and provides me a cloud backup of my music.

Yes, you will probably need to pay for Dropbox ($10/mo for 1TB). Yes, it will take WEEKS to upload all your music but once it's there updating happens quickly, provided you have a decent internet connection.

All you need to do in Virtual DJ to keep things running smoothly is set your Dropbox Folder as a Favorite and "Add to Search DB" that folder before a gig and your database will see all the new files.

Posted Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 11:01 pm
AhmadIbrahim97 wrote :
Hey guys.... A quick question. Can iCloud be used the same way Dropbox is used? I run a Karaoke company and we employ several DJs/KJs and we all run VDJ8, it'd be nice to update one karaoke folder with new songs and have them sync to all of the KJs.

Many thanks in advance

No. iCloud doesn't really sync across devices. Dropbox keeps the "Dropbox Folder" on each computer in sync with the cloud so that the files are actually stored locally not being streamed.

Posted Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 11:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)