Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Changing Deck start Preference

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
For a number of reasons (including my predisposition to being right-handed and my preference for the color red) I want to make it a default that when I select a song on my browser to be loaded -- it loads immediately to the right hand (red) side first (instead of the left hand (blue) side. Is there a setting in preferences that makes that happen?
FYI-- Using VDJ8.1 w/Pro Infinity license on MacBookPro. I use a Numark Mixtrack Quad on my main laptop and run an identical MacBook Pro with only mouse control as a backup.
The controller has option to run four channels-- I only use two. No skins being used. Right side shows red-- left side shows blue. I'm assuming that left side is Deck One, and the right side is Deck Two-- so I think changing the deck numbers internally via preferences should be an easy thing??? Or am I way off base. :)

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 3:38 pm
What happens if there is already a track playing on the red side?

VDJ loads by default to the non-active deck.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 3:43 pm
If right side is playing-- yes-- it goes to left blue-- No problem there. I'm talking about when neither deck has anything playing. For instance-- when I set up an Automix playlist-- If I double-tap the first song-- whap-- it starts on Blue (left). Yes-- Yes- I know you can take it slow and just go in and tell it to load on deck 2-- but I want that right side to be my default side.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 3:46 pm
don't have anything for double click to load on deck 2, but how about a KEY map to load onto deck 2

deck 2 load

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 4:18 pm
"don't have anything for double click to load on deck 2, but how about a KEY map to load onto deck 2
deck 2 load"

Sorry-- I don't understand your advice. My fault I'm sure. -- If I can't do it via a preferences change it's over my head. Anytime I see the words "map" or "mapping" -- I'm out of there.
It's just over my head in "computer savvy" terms. I've been a DJ in one form or another since 1975 (on-air radio followed by mobile DJ)-- so, it's an old dog-new tricks thing.

Looks like I'll just get used to making sure I specify "load Deck 2." And-- that is not a problem at all-- Been doing that. I was just wondering if there were "default" settings that could be changed to put up with my liking for right side/red wishes.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 4:33 pm
this one is actually a very easy one.
If you want to give a try here are the steps:

1. open vdj config
2. select controllers
3.under key learn, type the desired letter KEY you want to use (it will then display on box/window below). Then select that letter from the box/window.
4. under action type
deck 2 load

that's it.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 5:06 pm
Make sure you select either keyboard or your controller from the drop down box depending on which you want to use.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 5:20 pm
Magic DJ got me to where I wanted to be-- Thanks!
I tried your method and it did not work-- But you got me to the right spot -- and after a bunch of trial and error I realized the darn "TAB" key does it all.
Now-- in factory default mode all along -- all I need to do is tap the "TAB" key and I can see (visually see) the lights go bright on red or blue-- One tap of the TAB key in factory default mode switches from deck one as master to deck 2 as master. It's been there all along. I just didn't know how to use it.
I use two MacBook Pro's so I experimented on one -- found it worked-- then went to the second one (with no changes to preferences from the default factory mode) and simply hit the Tab key-- there it was-- each tap of the Tab key moved my "lit-up" lights from Deck 1 blue to Deck 2 red- (and vice-versa) ---- Wipe-on-- wipe-off -- simple stuff that's been there all along and is probably documented in the manual -- and I just couldn't find it.
Thanks again Magic!

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 5:55 pm
deafult TAB map to "deck active select" cycles to the Decks. If you have only 2 decks, it will only cycle to those 2, but if you have 4 deck, after it selected deck 2, it hitting tab will goto 3, then 4, then 1 then back to 2. The MAP method will ALWAYS load the song the DECK 2.

Glad you got what ya looking for.

Scripting in VDJ, some are easy and some very complex. I just know some basic ones.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 6:23 pm
Yes, Magic-- for chuckles after my "discovery" I went to four deck mode and just as you said-- the TAB key shuttled me in order from 1 through 4. I'm good with the two decks for now. :)
Thanks again. Sorry to waste bandwidth on such a simple fix.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 6:28 pm
You can also click the deck that you want with the mouse.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 6:39 pm

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 4:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)