Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: the sampler club

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm looking for people to join in a group effort to use the vdj8 sampler to maximum effect.
The idea is we work as a team helping one another.
No little secrets.
No negative thoughts.

The end result.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 2:20 pm

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 2:29 pm
How many threads do you want about the sampler?

Yes, we know it's there but we don't need you to ram it down our throats every 5 minutes. And when no-one else replies you just reply to yourself. Sad.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 2:57 pm
I'm a first teamer, and used to winning.
I know the young are watching.
We have negative people like you dominating these forums.
I think some of you are here to drag VDJ down.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 3:06 pm
bigron1 wrote :
I think some of you are here to drag VDJ8 down before it gets traction.

Ha ha. Drag it down ..... I use it in my venue faultlessly every week and regularly contribute to bug finding. I would still recommend VDJ to anyone as my first choice.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 3:16 pm
Interesting, I've got three of those I would expect disrupting my efforts to form a team / club to help one another.
You're so very predictable.

I think there was an unseen fourth person as well.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 3:33 pm
My issue is not you forming a club, it's the fact you open countless threads about the same topic and it gets tiresome.

If you want to help the young, go set up a DJ school or something. Most of the "young" don't even visit the forum as they use the VDJ Facebook page instead.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 3:38 pm
Can you please stop editing your posts every 20 seconds, especially after others have already replied. Gets even more confusing.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 4:39 pm
I'm afraid not kradcliffe.
If I think something is inaccurate I will make a change.

Do you have to complain about everything?

Yes you do LOL.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 4:45 pm
as someone one that has used samplers ( old hardware tanks ) since the start I must say as huey or someone sayd in your other post,a sampler without a sequencer is just a "playback looper".that kills it as far as real production. what you can do with vdj is record certain scenes then drop those clips on a DAW and sequence.as for all these talk about the younger folks,funny this is what I'm racing with,the younger producers all over the world,having to learn all the new tricks and "hooks" in the new style of electronic music.but though I might be and Old dog,I have a thing about allways thinking I'm still 20 something,having lived 30 years in a college town (Berkeley ) and being among then.it is this which pushed me to finally get a computer in 2009 (yes 2009,but I got obssesed with this and since I did read about producing on computers,I picked up faster than most people I knew from my past) and so I am a young computer student in my mind ,and with the help of the vdj forums among others,I picked up quicky,look how far I've gotten.why? because old knowledge is the fundementals my dear watson,so I was allready ahead of the game.now as far as doing "teaching videos"...that is time comsuming besides that " you cant teach those who dont want to learn",or more so..who are afraid of how much skills they still lack.the tracker has spoken :)
Edit: I just re-edited this right after I clicked "save" so...read it again Lol...

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 9:12 pm
thanks for adding much needed spacing lol :-P

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 9:21 pm
There's a lot of truth in what you say Tracker.

VDJ has a reputation for being DJ software for dummies.
I think it's time to change that.
VDJ is a kind of sequencer / presenter, production will be handled by other software such as Ableton, and maybe some free software like LMMS and Hydrogen.

We need to make our own elements, that is groups of samples which supplement each other.
In the future these sample groups may add uniqueness to a DJ's set.
He might jealously guard them as his own.

Atomix will add further features to the sampler, Adam in his video (see link below) pointed out that he felt it was important.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1ZOW4S2Bqg

The road has only just opened, and we're not sure where it leads.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 9:27 pm
The problem with Atomix is that the road never actually leads anywhere....

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 9:53 pm
It's a shame the moderator changed the name of this thread, it was supposed to be "The Kick A** Club".

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 10:00 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Please, only have one thread at a time on any given topic. Also, there is a loose "three post limit until someone else posts" guideline which most forum visitors honor. I'm locking this thread down. Let's try to keep things polite and, no more six posts string from one user. Thank you.

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 11:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)