Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Bad Crackeling Static Sound! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Using PC / Core i5 / 8GB / 1TB / VDJ 8 - Latest Build / Numark NS7 II (Note: I keep bare minimal on my Laptop and vary rarely go on the internet).

Last few months once I am a few hours in to a set I will begin getting a really bad crackling - static type noise out of the speakers!
The crackling static is only audible once I play music, I can hear it in the headphone cue as well.
MY CPU IS NOT Clipping.
I have not made any adjustments in config to sound.
They are set at: Settings: Latency: Automatic 256 / Ultra Latency: Yes
What I Have Tried....
New Power Chord: No Help / New USB Cable: No Help / Fresh VDJ 8 Install: No Help / Unplugging Laptop: No Help. Power Conditioner: No Help.
Turning volume down: No Help. Restarting the laptop fixes the issue, but doing this in the middle of a set at a packed club is not too sexy!

Tried a Cheaper controller: Numark Mixdeck: Worked perfect, No Crackling or Static.
Do I just need to adjust the Latency for my NS7 II? If so, to what? Adjust it to a higher or lower value?????

Would love any help!

Thank you!

Posted Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 9:17 pm
Almost forgot... Using Windows 7 Pro. Everything is a paid legit copy ;)

Posted Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 9:25 pm
I seem to be having the same problem . I am new to all of this . I unplugged controller , restarted vdj8 and it worked fine . I would also like to know how to resolve this issue .

Posted Tue 28 Jul 15 @ 12:34 am
Okay recently updated my PC bios, helped for one gig and happened again, updated all Numark drivers, no help, Fresh install of VDJ, no help.
One more thing of note: This crackling, popping sound happens on BOTH my NS7FX & NS7ii.
Also note, it seems to do with having the master volume turned up a bit on the NS7, only solution is to keep the NS7 at bare minimum volume level and turn the amps up as high as they can go, then you can skate thru a 4 hour gig... maybe.

However, I DJ in a nightclub twice a week, so yeah, volume needs to be cranked. This is killing me! Maybe a Numark problem, but any help would be great!!!!!!!

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 5:42 am
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 8:13 am
Have you tried using WDM (Wasapi) sound config instead of Asio?

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 8:22 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
That's enough to kill a dj.
I would suggest a small backup soundcard, maybe a NI Audio 2 DJ.
Be ready to switch from the built in Numark soundcard.
You can still use your controller.
No one need know you're in trouble.

"Latency: Automatic 256 / Ultra Latency: Yes"
That latency setting will test your laptop.
I suppose it could be an i5 v i7 thing.
What if you change it to 512, and Ultra Latency yes.
I don't really believe this is the answer because it is hours before you get a problem.
It's almost like there's a temperature build up somewhere due to a faulty component.

I'd also try the Win 7 optimising tool in the VDJ addons

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 11:07 am
Hey folks just wanted to get back at ya regarding this problem..... seems this is a Numark Driver Issue.
Found the same problem in Trakktor & Serato threads, Mac & PC users alike. Numark needs to fix the driver and update it!
NS7 is by far the sweetest controller I have ever used, but this has got to get fixed!

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 2:19 am
I'm glad you think you have found the issue, but you can't be the only one here that is using that controller. What are the other NS7 users doing? It would seem that this thread would be full of users with the same problem. It was asked before by Kradcliffe, have you tried the WDM configuration?

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 3:32 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As already mentioned, I would give it a try at 512 samples latency.

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 3:02 am
i'm still using 7.4.1 this seems to be the best release for ns7. everything else craps out on me i haven't tested virtual dj 8 (in a longgggg time) I no longer trust it after one side of the deck stopped giving out audio. I'd like to know what other NS7 users are using now? how stable is it with 8? love this controller too much to switch.

Posted Fri 16 Oct 15 @ 5:29 am
I have done everything imaginable, trust me and this static topic is blowing up in the Numark forums. As I said, PC, Mac, Virtual DJ, Serato, Traktor, does not matter!
This is a Numark issue! However, if anyone hears of a fix, please post! Thanks!

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 5:25 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
So everything included using WASAPI instead of ASIO, and checking with both 'exclusiveAudioAccess' set to yes and to no?

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 11:53 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm not real happy with the sound quality I'm getting either. It always sounds terrible when I first fire it up, but seems to get a bit better as it get's warm. I've been thinking about using a second sound card so I can just use the ns7 as a control surface.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 6:34 pm
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
gimmo wrote :
i'm still using 7.4.1 this seems to be the best release for ns7. everything else craps out on me i haven't tested virtual dj 8 (in a longgggg time) I no longer trust it after one side of the deck stopped giving out audio. I'd like to know what other NS7 users are using now? how stable is it with 8? love this controller too much to switch.

I've completely switched to 8. I had to buy a new laptop to get the video/milkdrop to work all night though.

Seems to me that the first versions of 8 sounded better, but it might just be in my head.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 6:35 pm
Adion, I am not sure how to install the Wasapi drivers to work with VDJ in windows, hell I am willing to try anything at this point. Maybe some instructional guidance? Thanks!

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 11:10 pm
My Laptop does have the Wasapi Drivers, however, when I am connected to the NS7 it uses Asio??? So how do I use the NS7 with the Wasapi Drivers?

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 11:13 pm
any news here?
i have the same issue for a longer while and tried many changes in the settings.

I mix with external vinyl decks, which are connected to the input of the NS7.

At beginning of a session all is fine, but after a while ... depending on the setting (half hour ... one hour), it began at first with light crackling which be louder and louder.
While that happen i open the Audio Settings, and klick on ASIO and change the Audio latency to another value.

The sound stop short, when i accept the new value by klicking EXIT. And then it runs fine for a while again. But then the same crackling come back and becomes louder and louder. So i change the Audio Latency value in the Audio Settings again and again after the crackling comes, until i have sometime all values activated. And then on each Latency value is the crackling on the go.
And then comes a Breakpoint - and i doesnt know what it causes ... the crackling gone away suddenly, BUT instead the Problem with the crackling there is now a new Problem with the Latency. Between the Vinyl and the Output of the Sound in the Headphones there is a Difference of one or two Seconds! :) :) In this state i be able to mix 7,8 or nine hours without any crackling, but with the latency of one or two seconds :) :)

sorry for my english ...

Posted Thu 14 Jan 16 @ 4:18 pm
@larsdaslandei this the exact problem I started having last night, in the middle of a concert nonetheless. up until then My NSFx ran flawlessly with VDJ8. This needs fixed asap

Posted Sat 21 May 16 @ 10:04 pm
Hi all,

Getting bad crackling sporadically through my new Numark party mix pro speaker and headphones
When using just through the laptop never and crackling.
Is this a virtual DJ prob, Numark prob or cable prob.
New to this game.
Get it on both local hardrive music and streamed music.

Posted Fri 28 Jun 19 @ 11:49 am
74%