Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Windows 10?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm running an ASUS K55a laptop with quad core i7 with 8 gigs of ram, 512 SSD primary hard drive with a 1 tb SSD as my second drive (both internal) using a Hercules RMX 2 USB mixer and Virtual DJ 8 pro and am wondering how VDJ 8 is going to run on Windows 10?

Posted Sat 25 Jul 15 @ 8:49 pm
yes there are other topics do a search if u need more info

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 11:13 am
We will all find out at the same time. Well, that's not true. I will still be using Win 7 & 8, and watching how others are doing, with 10. I do not have to install the day it comes out. If you are working on a regular basis, I would suggest that you or anyone else take some time to test, before using on your client. Try to keep in mind that the client hired you, not the software, or the equipment that we use. It is our responsibility to make sure that we can provide the services, that they paid for.

If you are using VDJ 8 pro, please register your software, it shows you as a home user.

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 1:20 pm
VDJ will run fine on windows 10, but as Rick says it's always a gamble using a new OS, especially as the tech press are all slating it.

I believe there are also major changes to the audio kernel regarding latency so that will have to be tested on a case by case basis as pretty much everyone here has a different setup.

It's your choice however, if you are one of those people who goes ahead and installs a largely untested OS and something goes wrong on a gig it's your own fault!

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 3:02 pm
@ AMAHM ... yeah I noticed that as well.
on the other hand, there's been some users on the German forum that have been (beta) testing 10 for quite a long time and say that it works fine with VDJ8 ... and it's a free update!
when is the last time time that anybody got something for free from microsoft(no offence intended) but I think that this latest update is intended as an apologie for the sometimes bad changes from xp to vista to 7 to 8 and 8.1 Pro!
I'm gonna try it on my backup system before I go into a gig situation, but I'm looking forward to using the latest operating sys, even if it means that I have to start changing some things and learning all over again.
imho;
Forwards is always a good step in the right direction.

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 3:15 pm
I have VDJ8 & running Windows 10 Pro full version that I received from Microsoft about a week ago & I DJ'd Friday night & last night for 5 hours each time & had absolutely NO issues & I use a Numark IDJ3 Controller if anyone's wondering.
Also my laptop is from 2012 with an AMD dual core processor & 4 GB ram.

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 4:39 pm
Is there any issues with the new function in Win10 that force you to update even if you don't want that. Today I'm using Win 8 and the update function is turned off which make the VDJ works better. (No fuzz in the background). Or should I switch to Mac in the future for stability reasons???

Posted Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 9:03 am
It will be free for a year, so I don't have to jump on it right away. As I said, I don't and have not had any issues with 7 or 8. I mean is 10 gonna make me any more money?

Posted Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 5:10 pm
I'm in the middle of wedding season, so, will probably wait til November to update. No need to rush into it.

Posted Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 7:40 pm
JOHN187PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Been running Virtual DJ on windows 10 all week no problem. The only problem so far is a update to Virtual DJ 7 was released and Windows 10 won't update it. But it runs the program previously installed before the Windows upgrade with no problem.

Posted Mon 10 Aug 15 @ 5:44 am
Qualcuno saprebbe dirmi perchè Vitual dj LE con Hercules 4MX girava benissimo con windows 8 e con il 10 invece non carica più la musica sui deck ?? Grazie mille

Posted Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 9:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)