Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How To Lighten Up My Mobile DJ Gear ???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Right Now This Is My Gear Heavy Azz Odyssey Coffin, Two Denon SC3900's, American Audio 14MXR Mixer, 2 Laptops, 10" Monitor, Monster Power Rack And VDJ 8 Everything Runs 200% Flawless..... My Question Iz ? i Do Tons Of Mobile DJing & Some Smaller Parties i Hate Lugging This Beast (Coffin With Everything In It) Around Cause i'm Solo. What Do Ya Suggest For Smaller Back Yard Parties & Things Like That. 1st Off B4 Ya Throw Out All Kinds Of Controllers. i Hate & i Mean Hate Anything Serato. So If The Controller Is Made For Serato its off My List. i Only DJ With VDJ 8 & Have VDJ 7 installed (As back up On Both Laptops) Thanx For Any Advide

Posted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 10:15 am
i Want To Hear From DJ's Who Have Been Using Certain Controllers With VDJ 8 With No Problems. Even Though There Smaller Parties. i Still Want To Be 200% Confident That The New Smaller Gear In Not Gonna Let Me Down & Just Works Well With VDJ 8

Posted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 10:20 am
I actually don't care about weight or size, if it works for me, that's what I use. I won a Hercules RMX2 at a convention and use 3 times a week in a club. It comes with a carry bag, and I still use the Styrofoam it came in. I still use my Denon MC6000 for mobile, but the buttons are giving me a headache. I got tired of taking it in and out of the Marathon case, because it didn't fit in the booth. The new one was made for Serato, but works with VDJ. I just feel that they missed an opportunity to truly make a great controller and don't think they addressed the button issue. The Hercules RMX2 will fit your needs, but there are other options, I just know it works for me.

Posted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 11:51 am
I have the SX2 for club gigs and the MC6000 Mk1 for pubs and functions. Both work flawlessly with VDJ. One thing I did to cut down space was get a crane stand and use my laptop (Yoga 2 Pro) in tablet mode. That way you can use far less depth which is a good thing. The stand can also go under the controller to use even less space in smaller setups.

Most Serato controllers also work with VDJ so don't let the badge put you off.

Posted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 12:04 pm
Does that Yoga do video, did I ask you that already?

Posted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 12:08 pm
You did :), it has Intel 4400 graphics on board and works just fine.

Posted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 12:19 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 2:02 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 4:14 pm
I picked up a Traktor X1 Mk2 and stopped bringing my Stanton 1Ds. No regrets so far, though I feel bad having 4 of them at home collecting dust.

Posted Fri 24 Jul 15 @ 11:05 pm
santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just use my Ddj wego for control and I run my audio 8 sound card into each channel on the club mixer.

Posted Mon 27 Jul 15 @ 11:46 pm
My light weight set consists of;
Laptop
DDJ Wego2
Lanchpad Mk2(new, I used to use a reloop Neon)
Shure SM58
Bose Soundlink3 (monitor)
Yamaha mg10xu mixer.

this all fits into 2 small bags, 10 minutes to set it up, and everything is groovy!

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 10:01 am
I only do mobile and I use a Numark Mixdeck. It's an older controller but it doesn't have a Serato badge on it. It was made for Serato but when I bought it, it came with VDJ7LE. Like Kradcliffe said, just because it is made for Serato doesn't mean it won't work on VDJ. I don't suggest going out and buying the newest thing as it might take a little bit of time to get the Midi coded right but any of the Pioneer ones out on the market now should work. Concentrate on what your budget is and narrow it down to a few controllers. Then ask around for who has one and see what they say about any issues. When I manage to get enough money I will be looking into maybe a Numark NV, NS7 (2 or 3), or a new Pioneer controller.

Posted Wed 29 Jul 15 @ 10:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)