Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Library Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj2bucsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I was wondering how I could reset all my music so that I have to add it like when I first bought the program and that it will also reset my history Thank You

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 7:25 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You can delete your database files.
If you are using a removable drive or a drive other then the system drive, there should be a VirtualDJ folder in the root directory of that drive.
Delete that folder.

In your documents folder on your system drive is another VirtualDJ folder, DO NO DELETE THAT ONE
Go into that folder.
delete database.xml
Go into the subfolder History
delete all of the files and folders in the History folder.
If you want to delete your playlists, you will find them in the Playlists folder.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 7:35 pm
dj2bucsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Was wondering how other people have there music library laid out I put mine all by genre think that will work best for me I play alot of Pop and Hip Hop so its Nic to switch back fourth let other people know how you use yours maybe you have something that might help someone else thanks

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 11:52 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've had mine as Artist - Album - Song for years when I was using MediaMonkey to manage my library.
Now I use iTunes to manage it. It sorts it the same way.
With everything in a searchable library with smart filtering and playlists, I'm not sure how much of an issue the library sorting is.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 4:13 pm
In my music folder I have it by genre.

In VDJ I switch around all the time. I go off of playlists then just add requests in to the automix list area in the side menu and mix them in as the night goes on. I typically have the special songs (entrance, 1st dance, father/daughter, ect) on another playlist in the side menu otherwise I use the side menu for requests. When I am creating a playlist I do it by sets, 3 or 4 funk, then oldies, pop, rock, country, and cycle back to what is getting requested more. I try and leave my playlist in the order I created it unless I have to look for something that I can't find quickly or if I'm looking to go in a different direction. At that point I get it to organize by artist, Genre , or BPM/Key.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 5:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)