Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Configure 2 soundcards M-audio Delta Audiophile 2492

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I try to use my 2 PCI soundscards in another PC-configuration, M-audio Audiophile 2496.
I used them with VDJ 7.4 for years, but I cannot assign those cards to output stereo signal for two decks separately, in VDJ8.
I select M-audio (ASIO) for both decks 1 and 2, and also click "Two soundscards" but as soon as I begin to select "Channel" it reverts back to "Internal soundcard"

In VDJ7.4 I had the same config, but then I was able to select output channel 1/2 for deck1 and channel 3/4 for deck2.
Any advice?

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 4:47 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Did you try just one soundcard? I have not tried multiple cards by the same manufacture all running on the same ASIO driver yet.
But, you say it showed up as channels 1/2 & 3/4 before, sounds like "one" sound card is what the driver is presenting to the software.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 7:30 pm
It works fine with one of the cards as output device.
In the M-audio control application both cards are shown, it's possible to have up to four cards on the same machine.
But, it's just like VDJ8 cannot understand that there are two soundcards available, perhaps this should be put under bugs instead, don't know.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 1:20 am

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 2:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I guess selecting the third line for the channels should be the second card?

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 3:18 am
Thanks Adion, but how would the third line differ from the first line?
And why isn't it possible to select "Two soundcards" ?

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 5:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You would need to make the column wider to see the full text I guess.

If you select 2 sound cards, that could also work, but then you are no longer using ASIO (since that is only 1 driver that groups the 2 sound cards), but WASAPI.
In that case you can probably select each of the sound cards in the sound card drop down.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 6:11 am
Adion, I did not know that 2 soundcard option did not include ASIO.
And you're right, the third line is actually the second card so everything works now.
Thanks!

Posted Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 10:06 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010

Posted Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 10:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)