Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer ddj SZ fx 1 and 2 button mapper HELP!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I want to map my samplers 1 to 8 in the fx 1 and 2 buttons in the mixer, like channel 3 fx 1 play sampler 1, fx 2 play sampler 2 , channel 1 fx 1 play sampler 3, fx 2 play sampler 4 and so on the 4 decks, I had it like that long time ago with my Numark ns6 but i don't remember how, can someone help me please.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 3:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
FX1_ASSIGN : action_deck 3 ? sampler_pad 1 : action_deck 1 ? sampler_pad 3 : action_deck 2 ? sampler_pad 5 : sampler_pad 7
FX2_ASSIGN : action_deck 3 ? sampler_pad 2 : action_deck 1 ? sampler_pad 4 : action_deck 2 ? sampler_pad 6 : sampler_pad 8

The only issue i see here with your choice to use these buttons instead of the Pads in Sampler mode, is the fact that the Samples in the Trigger Pad view will not have the same layout, so the samples will not appear in a single row, so this may confuse you a little bit.
Note that the SZ has a predefined sampler layout of a 4x2x2 matrix and this cant be changed unless you create your own definition file for this unit.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 4:04 pm
Thanks bro let me try that and I will come back with my results

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 7:36 pm
ohh i see the fx assign buttons on deck 2 and 4 it plays the samplers 5-8, how can i fix this?

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 8:01 pm
hey DjDad im trying to use your ddj SZ skin but the scratch waves in the middle dont show, is it like this or its something wrong? even on video mode

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 8:35 pm
djsampamix wrote :
ohh i see the fx assign buttons on deck 2 and 4 it plays the samplers 5-8, how can i fix this?

The actions i gave you should work fine if the mixer order 3-1-2-4 is used. Do you use 1-2-3-4 for the mixer ?

If the 1-2-3-4 is used, then probably you need a different action/order for the samples.
If the 3-1-2-4 is used, then probably you are trying to "match" what you see in the Sampler view of sideview in the Trigger Pad view, and told you already in my previous post that this is not possible unless you make your own definition to bypass the default pads matrix layout

Alternatively, you can force a different Samples layout in the Sampler matrix, if you select the number of the Columns instead of the "automatic"

djsampamix wrote :
hey DjDad im trying to use your ddj SZ skin but the scratch waves in the middle dont show, is it like this or its something wrong? even on video mode

The specific skin doesnt offer any scratchwaves in the middle. It only offers horizontal scratchwaves at the top (selected by the WAVE buttons/menu). For further questions about the skin, please use the Skins Forum.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 7:21 am
yes im using it as is 3124, ok then i guess im just goin to use a tablet for this, thanks for your help.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 11:01 am
ok,try this ..
action_deck 3 ? sampler_pad 1 '8x1x1' : action_deck 1 ? sampler_pad 3 '8x1x1' : action_deck 2 ? sampler_pad 5 '8x1x1' : sampler_pad 7 '8x1x1'
and
action_deck 3 ? sampler_pad 2 '8x1x1' : action_deck 1 ? sampler_pad 4 '8x1x1' : action_deck 2 ? sampler_pad 6 '8x1x1' : sampler_pad 8 '8x1x1'
and force 8 columns in Trigger Pads Layout

or

action_deck 3 ? sampler_pad 1 '1x8x1' : action_deck 1 ? sampler_pad 3 '1x8x1' : action_deck 2 ? sampler_pad 5 '1x8x1' : sampler_pad 7 '1x8x1'
and
action_deck 3 ? sampler_pad 2 '1x8x1' : action_deck 1 ? sampler_pad 4 '1x8x1' : action_deck 2 ? sampler_pad 6 '1x8x1' : sampler_pad 8 '1x8x1'
and force 1 column in Trigger Pads Layout

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 11:55 am
Holy cow how thats a lot of codes, i itried and it works but now my fx dont at all, so its ok thank you so much im just goin to leave it as it was and use my reloop neon or a tablet.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 4:26 pm
That's funny.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 8:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)