Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: assign the same scrolling behavior of the "browser" knob to a jogwheel (read on...)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys,

I know I can set a jogwheel to browse through the library. However, on my Numark DJ2Go, the browsing behaviour of the physical "Browse" knob is still slightly different compared to when I use the jogwheel for that purpose.

Let me explain.

1. When I use the "Browse" knob, then the selection moves, until it reaches the end of the window, then the list scrolls.

2. When I use the jogwheel, not the selection but the list always scrolls. The selection is always fixed, but the list underneath moves. This makes it harder to read.

I wonder how I can change that.

I have assigned to the jogwheel:

wheel_mode 'browser' & jogwheel

that works, but not exactly like the physical "Browser" knob on the device.

I know this sounds a little tricky, but once you have seen it it makes a big difference.

Thanks for any suggestions.

PS: I just noticed when I assign param_greater 0% ? browser_scroll +1 : browser_scroll -1 to the jogwheel, then the browser shows the behaviour I am looking for. However then the scrolling speed is so high that I can hardly hit a certain song. And I dont have an idea how to reduce the speed. Something like param_mulitply 0.5 wont work.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 6:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Reported as bug in Dev Team and hopefully fixed in next update.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 9:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)