Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping for Korg Kaoss DJ please! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have just bought the new Kaoss DJ Controller and I really like it. Unfortunately there is no mapping available yet.

Any chance there will be one provided soon?

Thanks!

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 9:27 am
Hi djdad!

Just sent it. Hope that it will help you. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

By the way. I really appreciate your work. Virtual DJ is one of the greatest pieces of software out there! Thank you and your whole team!

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 11:19 am
L.CatoHome userMember since 2015
I also need the mapping for the Korg kaoss dj. please

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 11:13 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
Mappings do not work in your Home Edition.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 12:25 am
Can someone please send the mapping for this to me too please?

Many thanks!

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 8:58 am
Read the message above yours!

Mappings are no good to you if you are using the free VDJ Home version.

Besides, djdad clearly hasn't completed the mapping yet because he's not posted the info here.

Once the mapping is completed, it'll probably be incorporated into the native VDJ mappings - at which point you can buy a license and use it.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 9:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I was actually waiting for a reply regarding some last details from Korg, but i think we have enough positive feedback from the original poster to submit the mapping files as official.
This will happen in the next couple of days and we will proceed with an announcement.

Once the files for the Korg Kaoss DJ become native, any user will be able to test with the Home Free version prior purchasing the relative license.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 12:20 pm
Hi, can anybody share VDJ 7 mappings for Korg Kaoss DJ please.

I can map pretty everything except :

1.touch jog wheels don't get recognized.
2.VDJ doesn't switch between deck A and B, so volume faders and EQ on the controller control only one side, A or B, not 2 at the same time.
If I map a button to switch between decks then it works, but only for one.
I can also switch by using my mouse and pointing on A or B on the very top.

thanks in advance.

regards,
Max

Posted Sun 17 Jan 16 @ 8:51 pm
Bonjour, je viens moi meme d'acheter un contrôleur Korg kaoss dj ( vsm4 qui vient de me lâcher après un crash de vdj , à moins que ce ne soit le contraire... ), je ne voudrais pas avoir à passer sur un autre logiciel, j'adore VDJ et j'y suis habituée mais pour cela j'aurais un besoin urgent de la config son et du mapping ....
Pouvez vous quelque chose pour moi ?
Par avance merci...
Hello, I just have bought a Korg kaoss controller DJ (I had a vsm4 before which don't respond anymore after a crash of vdj or maybe the crash is the consequence... don't know), I would not want to use another software because I adore VDJ and I'm used to but for this I would have an urgent need for the sound setup and the mapping....
Can you something to help me?
Thank you...

Posted Mon 18 Jan 16 @ 1:19 pm
ohercControlleristMember since 2016
I want to purchase a license, but I need to know if you can 100% use this korg kaoss dj controller with virtualdj... Thanx

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 12:06 am
djdad wrote :
I was actually waiting for a reply regarding some last details from Korg, but i think we have enough positive feedback from the original poster to submit the mapping files as official.
This will happen in the next couple of days and we will proceed with an announcement.

Once the files for the Korg Kaoss DJ become native, any user will be able to test with the Home Free version prior purchasing the relative license.

Hi,
I'm just worried about your "couple of days" ;-) Even without announcement, I would be happy to test the files for the Korg Kaoss DJ.
I'm using vdj8 and wind 10.
If you could help me it would be fine!

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 9:17 am
well, someone let me know about the korg kaoss dj controller working. I'll buy a license as soon as it's confirmed.

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 11:42 pm
djdad wrote :
a.petite wrote :
.. I would be happy to test the files for the Korg Kaoss DJ.

Emailed you the test files. thank you.

I did the test , it works perfectly!
Thanks a lot for your help.

Posted Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 2:03 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ok we will then include support of the Korg Kaos DJ in next build.

Posted Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 3:32 pm
pnathanHome userMember since 2016
Hello

When will be the next build available with support to Korg Kaoss DJ ?
Could you please send me also the files to try while waiting for the next build?

Nathan

Posted Sun 24 Jan 16 @ 2:18 pm
I'm excited to get to the next step. I subscribed monthly. My korg kaoss dj controller is collecting dust, as I got frustrated. Can't wait to try it out, and move forward. I didn't like the sereto software, so I'm glad virtualdj is adding this controller, thanks a bunch!!!

Posted Mon 25 Jan 16 @ 3:52 am
Ok last post... I went into settings, set up custom mapping. I got everything to work except I can't make the buttons light up on the knobs, or play, cue..
I can't get the hot cue to set, or get loops to work. I'll not bother anymore until the update where I'm sure this will be handled. Thanks again, and if anyone wants to email engravingtags@gmail.com a config file that works for korg kaoss dj controller I'd gladly use it!!! Thanks.

Posted Mon 25 Jan 16 @ 5:20 am
pnathanHome userMember since 2016
I tried some basing settings but the LEDs on controller are not lighting up, but the controls which I set up are working.

Below re the basing settings which I tested working

Can someone please send me the korg kaoss dj controller settings file for me to test? ( if you have more mapping than below)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mapper device="SIMPLE_MIDI_2372_769" version="801" date="2016-01-30">
<map value="6-SLIDER23" action="crossfader" />
<map value="7-JOG16" action="deck 1 jogwheel" />
<map value="7-BUTTON27" action="deck 1 play_pause" />
<map value="7-BUTTON29" action="deck 1 sync" />
<map value="8-BUTTON29" action="deck 2 sync" />
<map value="8-BUTTON27" action="deck 2 play_pause" />
<map value="7-BUTTON14" action="deck 1 load" />
<map value="8-BUTTON14" action="deck 2 load" />
<map value="6-ENCODER30" action="var &apos;$bend&apos; 1 ? deck left song_pos : var &apos;$bend&apos; 2 ? deck right song_pos : browser_scroll" />
<map value="7-SLIDER25" action="deck 1 pitch_relative" />
<map value="8-JOG14" action="deck 2 jogwheel" />
<map value="8-SLIDER25" action="deck 2 pitch_relative" />
<map value="7-SLIDER27" action="deck 1 eq_high" />
<map value="7-SLIDER28" action="deck 1 eq_mid" />
<map value="7-SLIDER29" action="deck 1 eq_low" />
<map value="8-SLIDER27" action="deck 2 eq_high" />
<map value="8-SLIDER28" action="deck 2 eq_mid" />
<map value="8-SLIDER29" action="deck 2 eq_low" />
<map value="7-BUTTON25" action="deck 1 pfl" />
<map value="7-SLIDER24" action="deck 1 gain" />
<map value="8-SLIDER24" action="deck 2 gain" />
<map value="8-BUTTON25" action="deck 2 pfl" />
</mapper>

Posted Sat 30 Jan 16 @ 5:12 pm
After some agony, and patience, the new update works the korg kaoss dj controller fine now. Lights light up, In configuration I had to click korg kaoss under 2 sound cards.. then master on channel 1 and 2 headphone on channel 3 and 4 and voila. Thanks again

Posted Mon 01 Feb 16 @ 6:16 am
Does the Korg Kaoss DJ controller work okay with Virtual DJ 7 Pro 7.46 or 7.47?

Posted Wed 30 Mar 16 @ 5:45 am
45%