Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is it possible Video Out from deck A with Audio out from deck B?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I do not have videos of every song I played so some times I have to mix audio with no video, I trying to played a song from deck B, but show video from deck A , is that possible? can some one advice?
Thanks in advance.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 7:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It depends on what you are using to mix (controller, skin etc)
You can for example turn off the AUTO video crossfader option from the VIDEO center panel of the default skin and use the Video crossfader to show one deck or the other.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 10:08 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@WATEKATION

Another case for the reinstatement of clipbank, why this feature was ever taken out God only knows, sounds like you'll have to put up with the limitations of using either the slideshow or milkdrop plugins.

Or use v7 which has clipbank.

Remember you'll need to make sure you have dx9 installed, this is required for whatever option you decide to go with.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 4:12 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Also, you can link a video track to an audio-only file in VDJ. With the audio track on deck A, search for the video track you want to play over deck A's audio. drag that track into the video output monitor for deck A (not onto the deck itself) and the video will be linked forever (or until you right-click->unlink in the browser) and this is indicated by an 'L' in the icon for the track in the browser, in the spot where the 'V' for video would be if it were an actual video track. Next time you load that track up, and every time afterwards, the video track gets loaded with it automatically. No need to bother deck B.

I hope that helps.
Disclaimer... I can't say I have ever tried this in VDJ8, but it definitely works this way in VDJ7.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 3:33 pm
Another great feature that was removed in 8. Works good in 7 though. Many great functions have been removed from 8 so I still use 7 as It's more comfortable and practical for my purposes. They should of gave a choice to whether you want to use these features or not. Not too many companies work backward like VDJ did with 8.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 3:40 pm
I use version 8, all video, and always have something on the screen. With milkdrop, slideshow (which also uses video clips), the sampler, live camera feed, and audioonlyvisualisations, I don't have to worry about my screen content. The clipbank was useful, but I have so many more options. Yeah, we all hate to lose familiarity, but that's what happens with progress. Not just here, but in every aspect of life. Nothing stays the same forever. I don't know if they will bring it back, but I am not sitting around waiting for it, and don't even remember version 7. I want Milli Vanilli back, but you don't see me crying about that (not in public anyway).

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 4:19 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You can still add video to audio files as well. It's not as simple as a drag and drop, but that it because you can do so much more with it.
You can add multiple clips, still images, etc. You can also add stuff to videos.
Check out page 69 in the manual for more information.
There is a video on how here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv0NvRCjjok

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 4:26 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'd love to be able to go back to v8 but tried it for a month and went back to v7, I just can't work with blank monitors when applying effects (I have yet to see another programme that makes users work with blank screens) it's a shame because there is so many possibilities that could be achieved in v8s video sampler, for a start you wouldn't need clipbank as such with all the "banks" that you can make, why not have a selectable bank for audio only files, the video sampler could be the jewel in the crown if only some attention was given to it.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 8:37 pm
Thank you so much for all your tips my friends, I will try them and see what works for me.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 11:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)