Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A few thoughts from me...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I must thank you all guys hanging around on this forum, giving ultra fast advice, help or whatever I need.
There are a few users here, obviously sitting watching the posts as they come. They are faster than most staff :)
I have asked numerous questions about scripting (for example), which is an extraordinary good way of customizing VDJ.
I have got all answers I need, quick, professional from those users.
I have also placed a few tickets directly to staff and recieved custom made MIDI mapping files for un-supported MIDI controllers. Supergreat support in my opinion!!
The VDJ8 is in my opinion a brilliant software, which does more than I ever need.
Regarding the CU crash, I think the staff gets a lot of undeserved bullshit - they are humans for god sakes. They try to fix it as fast as possible.
Instead of nagging, give them time to work through this to be able to find the best solution for us all.

Finally - I am so damn happy with VDJ and the support I get from users, staff and the brilliant piece of software!!!

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 2:33 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Your cheque is in the post :D

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 3:54 pm
No, I already paid him.

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 4:21 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I came here to help the youngsters given that I'm an old timer, but I've ended up learning more than I had to offer!
Well done everybody.
Great software, and great people!

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 5:08 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I just came because someone told me there was beer.....

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 8:19 pm
.. but I bet you're not 64 in a months time, and still fighting fit.
It appears I can do as much as my young roadie when it comes to hauling the equipment around.
Not too many beers, no drugs, even the sort dispensed by a chemist.
No doctors, nor dentists, mind you I'm fighting a loosing battle with my teeth.
I have pulled the odd bad tooth out myself.
Before going to work I strap up my knees because I'm on my feet for between 6 to 9 hours.
I don't sit down, or keep still on stage.

Simple food, no fast stuff.
However I am worried about the drinking water ( fluoride ), but that's another story.

John Wayne is dead.
Killed by booze..

In my dreams I keep thinking about totally giving up alcohol.
Just not enough willpower.

I don't suppose I've got much longer, my life as a KJ must be near it's end.

Edited by AMAHM because some may find that term offensive

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 8:39 pm
@ MrJackson I gotta agree that this forum is always down to help and some go way beyond here.

There's a ton of knowledge here so never stop asking questions 👍

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 9:37 pm
My post may sound like a cliche but I have always thought that positive feedback should be as easy to give as negative.
It does not cost anything and it does not take more energy from you.
The fact that people really react and appear surprised of positive feedback tells it all!

One day I hope I can be one of those "helpers" around here :)

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 1:45 am
TearEmUp wrote :
I just came because someone told me there was beer.....

Rick has strippers ..... lots of them .......

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 1:51 am
@bigron1 - I'm only a couple of months behind you, 64 in August. After 38 years in nightclubs I left last August to work in Hotels, was a really good move with better long term prospects. I'm now busier than ever with 46 weddings from now til mid October. The Hotel has just published their Christmas Parties Brochure and I have 18 to do in December. All these are done with VirtualDJ 8.

I built my first mp3 database in 1998 and started DJing with a desktop computer using a program called Virtual TurnTables. In 2002 I moved on to PCDJ products for around 4 years then Tractor for 1 year. I was interested in getting involved with Video and the only program to do that was VirtualDJ which I've been using since 2007. Very comfortable and happy with it. There is good feedback on the forums to sort any problems relatively quickly, plus I try and help where I can. I'm on these forums every day, maybe not posting, but, checking out other peoples problems and the fixes to add to my overall knowledge of the program.

This is a great place to be (where's my beer?) ;-)

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 2:31 am
MrJackson, you're one of those helpers.
Thank U

Soulman djing is addictive, I might die quite quickly if no one wanted my services.
I get high on adrenaline thanks to happy, singing, and dancing party people.

We need a virtual bar which can satisfy our needs!
LOL

PS I can't function fast enough when I've drunk more than @ two pints of lager ( I know chemical crap).
Then I need food, coffee, ect.
The wise drink bottled water.

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 7:18 am
For me, I hardly cannot drink anything when I'm DJing.
That's because I need to be able to drive the equipment back to my warehouse directly after the gig.

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 8:05 am
I stopped drinking while DJing back in 1988. I was DJing the best nightclub in town that was full to capacity every Friday & Saturday. It was the days of vinyl and I couldn't get to the bar, get served, then get back to the DJ booth in the time of one record 'cos it was so crowded lol. Could only drink 2 pints because of driving at the end of the night anyway. Getting to the toilet (bathroom break for the Americans lol) and back was impossible.

Since then I only sip water all night and find I never need a toilet break. A couple of months ago I did a double Christening at the Hotel for the 'Travellers' (Gypsies) where I DJed from 1pm til 11.30pm without a break and never left the stage. Think I got through 1 1/2 litres of water. :-)

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 4:13 pm
MrJackson2014 wrote :
For me, I hardly cannot drink anything when I'm DJing.
That's because I need to be able to drive the equipment back to my warehouse directly after the gig.

I am the same Mr Jackson I don't drink booze when I DJ. It's against our company policy and I'm there to help provide the party for weddings and such not partake in the party. I have been told if a drink is pushed on me then to take it and nurse the heck out of it but have not had to as of yet. The Drinking and Driving laws here are also 0.05 and I can hit that off of one drink as I'm a pretty cheep drunk lol. I do however drink Pepsi like it's water though lol.

I would have to second your Original Post as well. When I started on here it was to just learn a little bit more about VDJ but anything I have asked has never been bashed or insulted and I got a lot of help (and some praise) when I asked how to do my first wedding gig. So I would like to say a big THANK YOU as well to all the staff and members that are here to help. When I have something relevant to say I certainly try and give a helping hand and I hope I have done so in one way or another.
Brendan

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 4:41 pm
"Edited by AMAHM because some may find that term offensive"

What have you removed?
It looks the same to me?

I always seem to be at loggerheads with the establishment.

Got it !
It's another word for cigarettes, slang when I was young.
It might also be used in Tom Brown's school day's, if you've read the book.
The younger pupils perform decent, and honest tasks for the senior pupils.

Hence...
John Wayne is dead.
Killed by cigarettes, booze..

The truth hurts.

Political correctness infests every corner of our world.
It's used to steal our free speech.

LOL
What a world.

PS I think the alternative meaning of the word in question might refer to being gay.
It could be interpreted as John Wayne was killed by gays.
This is ridiculous.

Posted Wed 27 May 15 @ 5:46 pm
MrJackson2014 wrote :
My post may sound like a cliche but I have always thought that positive feedback should be as easy to give as negative.
It does not cost anything and it does not take more energy from you.
The fact that people really react and appear surprised of positive feedback tells it all!

One day I hope I can be one of those "helpers" around here :)

You are so right, positive threads are hard to come by, so we are happy to see them. I don't know a lot about forums, because I don't have enough time to be a part of them. The only other forum I was a part of was PCDJ. I learned a lot about computers and software from them. I stay here because, even with all the negative stuff, the heart of this forum is very positive. There is always someone ready to help you here, day or night. After you have been here for awhile, you get to know the people, and what they are about. There is too much negativity in the world, so I try to align myself with the positive people here. We joked about your thread, because it's nice to hear it every now and then, but we know we have a great forum here.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 1:25 pm
I think you're fine AMAHM, it's just that I've got a thing about DJ's setting a good example for the young people.

I'm probably off my box.

Posted Thu 28 May 15 @ 6:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)