Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Kid Party Help.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all,

I was hired to DJ for a 1 year old birthday party. The parents are hispanic and they said that most of their guest will also be hispanic as well.

Any ideas on what songs to play?

I will be spinning some merengue, salsa, bachata, cumbia for the adults. Would love help on ideas for songs for kids or in general for this party.

Thank you in advance.

Posted Wed 06 May 15 @ 10:19 am
Also since the contentunlimited isn't working, I rather not depend on that.

Posted Wed 06 May 15 @ 10:21 am

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 9:39 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
watch adults and kids ...
if the kids stay to listen, play their music
if they are focused on playing around, entertain the parents :-)

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 10:20 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I would also talk with the clients more to see what they expect.
How many kids are expected? A one year old isn't going to have many school friends, so it will probably be mostly family members attending. Will it just be a handful of kids and your expected to play for the adults.

My Filipina girlfriend is a first generation citizen here. Her family raised her and her sisters to only speak English, they have american names, and american influences. Their parents did this to help their children stand out less and have less raciism affect them. They played a lot of pop music fitting the age ranges of the people in the house. Her parents had classic rock and soul music. Her sisters and her were into boy bands and 80's dance. Traditional homeland music was not played.

That's just one example of asking the correct questions of the client to see what they are into and what they want out of the event.

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 10:48 am
one years old ? from my experience from doing lil kids party @ that age its more of the adults finding an excuse to drink & party. a one year old aint gonna have that many frenz from school there let alone worry about the music.play for the adults & just keep the music clean :-)

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 1:07 pm

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 4:41 pm
A 1 year old is a baby, this isn't a kids party, it's an adult party with hired help to look after the kids.

Kids from 4 up will respond and songs and games, the others will just run around.

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 7:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)