Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Search audio not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have the Contentent Unlimited subscription and when I go to search audio nothing comes up. Please help

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 2:38 pm
Please read the announcement in this forum (or read any of the major news web sites). Grooveshark have shut down.

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 2:41 pm
So now what are we supposed to use

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 2:43 pm
We will evaluate the situation after the weekend and make an official answer then, but obviously if we don't find a replacement solution quickly, we will stop charging CUAudio customers until we do.
For now, it will refresh just the DRM but keep the song, so it's not a problem.
(once we have the new provider set up, we might have to force a redownload. But we don't know yet at this point)

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 3:41 pm
Is there an alternate way to find music until you get the search audio problem fixed? For those of us that pay for Virtual DJ and have live gigs with no way to search for music and had to resort to youtube it is a major pain and very unprofessional.

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 6:49 pm
kjcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Wow.. Just out of the blue a major music provider just shut down with no warning??? Hard to believe... but whatever.. Thanks for the heads up! I would hope the VDJ team would keep us all informed.

Posted Sat 02 May 15 @ 7:42 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
kevin_wallace wrote :
Is there an alternate way to find music until you get the search audio problem fixed? For those of us that pay for Virtual DJ and have live gigs with no way to search for music and had to resort to youtube it is a major pain and very unprofessional.

Use the latest V8 Build 2231 or update to V7.4.3 to use the netsearch feature instead

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 3:39 am
kevin_wallace wrote :
have live gigs

Just a FYI - you should not be using the Home version for gigs. If you're a working DJ you need either the monthly subscription or an Infinity license.

There are hundreds of legal music sites where you can download tracks for your gigs. It is not legal to "resort to YouTube" for this purpose.

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 6:43 am
thats great... ive only just signed up with ContentUnlimited im in my 3 month with it .NOW After reading a statement from the BBC it seems its not legal i asked a while ago on Virtual Dj forums sent tickets in wanting info on the legal side . i understand we wasnt actually downloading to keep but it was from what seems an illegal source.. im confused ... i looked on this site but havnt seen any news on it.. surely it should be up on the home page.. So are we going to lose the DRM's soon? and what should we do about our subscription . If we cancel subscription we will definitely lose the DRM's . so do we carry on in hope but might be paying for nothing or do we just cut our losses .... I think we need some clarification on this matter as it was a service through Virtual Dj that was purchased .....

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 10:23 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 12:28 pm
cheers ... not everything is answered on that post but thanks i guess we will have to just wait and see

Posted Sun 03 May 15 @ 1:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)