Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: License controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when You purchase a license for a controller are there any limits, does the controller time out after a certain time and do you get full access to the software or are there limits to what you can do. I create a ticket from yesterday evening but have not heard back from virtualdj as yet so I taught this would be faster.

Posted Sat 11 Apr 15 @ 4:12 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No time limits
Some minor software limits, (no removing VDJ video watermartk, no broadcasting via ICE or SHOUT)
Some addon limitations, some FX, tools are Pro only

Posted Sat 11 Apr 15 @ 4:54 pm
Thanks

Posted Sat 11 Apr 15 @ 5:01 pm
if i buys the pro i got le will my turntable wire up to cos if it dont i got a usb turntable aswell to rip my vinyls but preferably id rather do them thru the controller with a direct drive deck than a belt usb ive set them upto it but it dont say nothing or do nothing im only at home using it for my benefit i dont want video and when it says cd player can b added ur on about the cd mixer things i thought theyd written them off when the controllers were getting popular and to pay 300dollars i may as well of jus bought a tractor or a fully prepped if i do this it will have cost me 50 quid less than the controller for the program what other way is there

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 4:34 am
I know doctors have a reputation for bad handwriting, but that post was typed and hard to read!

That may well be the worlds longest sentence without a single capital letter, comma, full stop or any other form of punctuation. :-)

So......let me see. You mention a controller. What make/model is it? Only certain controllers can be used with turntables, if they have the right type of inputs.

You say you've "set them upto it" (sic) but not given any details of exactly how you've done this. What have you plugged in, and where? What is your VDJ audio config?

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 5:03 am
lol i never bother with apostrophes and commas text or message rmx2 blk and gold . theres 2 fittings for turntables earthed or unearthed so auxillary from turntable goes into the input on the controller and the earth i assumed wud b from turntable to controller not to the amp because iyts running thru the controller into the amp is that better lol .

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 9:40 am
it makes no difference anyway the 20 day trial up tomorrow then i just got le so i cant do it anyway but when i was trying it was all set up properly djuced 40 wont work on it if i got that and vdj installed

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 9:44 am
I was trying to find out , now I have mxr14 with no software I need to know with the purchased license can I use mapping functions and will the buttons for the browser work . Basically will it function correctly.
I'm a torq user and it was mappable , with vdj in which it came with originally I'm limited . To my understanding vdj le 7.0 can't acknowledge time code . That's why I'm considering license purchase.

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 2:52 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
As you can see here on this comparison chart .... at least a plus controller licence is required.
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/comparison.html
but if you register your LE version in your account, there will be a discount when purchasing V8 Pro Infinity,
that offers you unlimited support to all controller working with VirtualDJ:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ8%20Controllers.html
all pro features, unlimited access to skins, samples , tools, mappers ect.
and a free version of V7 Pro Full

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 3:15 pm
markey mControlleristMember since 2015
I already have virtual dj 8 for my Hercules controller and it works good,now I just brought the same software for a different controller which is a pioneer ddjsx controller,how do I get the virtual dj 8 that's already on my computer to connect with my pioneer ddj controller,do I down load a new virtual dj 8 software,and if I have to down load new software for pioneer,how do I get new licenses for the pioneer that I paid for already.

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 5:06 pm
Thanx I don't have le my mixer didn't come with software bought it used,

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 8:51 pm
Market m maybe you just need to install drivers from vdj
8 disc for your ddj's

Posted Sun 12 Apr 15 @ 8:54 pm
markey m wrote :
I already have virtual dj 8 for my Hercules controller and it works good,now I just brought the same software for a different controller which is a pioneer ddjsx controller,how do I get the virtual dj 8 that's already on my computer to connect with my pioneer ddj controller,do I down load a new virtual dj 8 software,and if I have to down load new software for pioneer,how do I get new licenses for the pioneer that I paid for already.

If you have bought 2 licences the informations are stored in you account.
V8 is a single core application. No matter which of your controllers you connect, VirtualDJ should recognize them as long as you are online when switching the controllers and the drivers are installed correctly.

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 12:40 am
cjricLE userMember since 2012
i bought a vms2 controller with a limited software,now i cant really get full access to my controller. what will i do to get a full access to my controller?

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 1:02 am
LE Version is a free gift from AA. It offers you the basic functions of your controller without purchasing an additional software.
What is your exact issue and what do you mean with "full access" ?

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 2:02 am
VirtualDJ Controller License - Category 2 how long will it last and what do I get with this license

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 12:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)